|Service:||Day Training and Habilitation (DT&H)|
|Agency:||Adult Client Training Service (ACTS) - Olivia|
|Location:||802 E Fairview Ave, Olivia, MN, 56277-1368 Map|
Day Training and Habilitation (DT&H) is a day program for adults with developmental disabilities that helps to:
- Learn and use life skills
- Participate in community life
- Choose activities to participate in that are personally meaningful, such as work or recreation
Services during the day -
- Services (or supports) for a person to be fully integrated into the community.
The services help the person to participate in the community in activities that the person chooses.
Some DT&H services that may be available:
* Supervision, training and help in self-care, communication, socialization and behavior management
* Supported employment and work-related activities
- DT&H centers vary in what kinds of work in what settings, but many include disability-specific sheltered work, community work crews, or individual community-based employment supports (such as job coaching or job development)
* Activities in the community, like an exercise class, volunteering or special events
* Training in community survival skills, money management and activities to live more independently
* Transportation services for non-medical purposes to enable persons to participate in DT&H services (DT&H transportation can only be used for DT&H services)
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers in the Community-Based Services Manual - http://www.dhs.state.mn.us/main/id_000861
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS SERVICE:
The primary emphasis of the program goals at Adult Client Training Service (ACTS) is on paid work. In addition, self help skills appropriate to the work setting are also emphasized and worked on throughout the day at ACTS.
Secondly, to and promote the consumers need for meaningful and productive employment, ACTS contracts with individuals and businesses in the community to provide supported employment.
It is the goal of ACTS that as many consumers as possible, with training in vocational skills, may eventually be able to work in the community in competitive employment.
To prepare our consumers for work, and to train our consumers to become more independent in meeting the consumer's own basic needs and wants.
These goals are based on the consumer's Individual Service Plan (ISP) prepared by the consumer's case manager. Hopefully, consumers may eventually be able to work in the community in competitive employment.
Another goal that we strive for is to prepare our consumers for work and to train our consumers to become more independent and less dependent on others in filling their basic needs and wants.
As the consumers of ACTS, Inc. Range in age from young adults to senior citizens, ACTS, Inc. Has a Leisure Activity Program for those consumers who are at or near retirement age or because of health or other limitations are better served by working less than a full work day at ACTS, Inc.
The emphasis of the Leisure Activity Program (LAP) program is on learning, leisure and recreational type activities. The consumer, regardless of age, who has a need for additional rest, or whose needs are best served by being in this program, are encouraged to participate.
- Building Accessibility
- Accessible main entrance (zero step approach)
- Designated disability parking
- Meals Served
- Special diet - accommodated
- Medical Services
- Acute rehabilitation
- Medication administration assistance
- Medication storage
- Physical therapy
- Service coordination
- Speech therapy
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Private pay
- Personal Care
- Regulated Services
- Chapter 245D License
- Day Services Facility (DSF) License
- Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Enrolled Provider
- Provided to bring clients to service and back home
- Waiver Service Specialties
- Day Training and Habilitation (DT&H)
To be eligible for DT&H services through the state of Minnesota Disability Services, a person goes through a screening.
People who are eligible for this service meet 4 requirements:
1. Are 18 years or older (including people who are aging)
2. Are diagnosed with a developmental disability
- Home and Community Based Services under Medical Assistance (MA) or county contract
-or- - Home and Community-Based Waiver (such as the Developmental Disabilities (DD) waiver),
-or- - Are Living in a Intermediate Care Facility for Persons with Developmental Disabilities (ICF/DD)
4. Make an informed choice to get this service
Call Renville County Human Services for a referral.
For people who are screened to meet all 4 eligibility criteria, MN Department of Human Services (DHS) Disability Services through the county, Medical Assistance (MA), or Developmental Disabilities (DD) waiver pay for DT&H services.
Private pay or other funding options may be available.
- application/registration forms
- authorization from physician
- caseworker verification
- enrollment form
- medical/dental records
- parent/guardian consent
- proof of medical assistance eligibility
- psychiatric/psychological assessment
8 am - 3:30 pm, Monday - Friday
Mainly serves Renville County and surrounding area; able to serve anyone in Minnesota with the approval of the home county and Renville County.
Typical Waiting Times at this Location
Avg: 3 minutes
Max: 5 minutes
Telephone types, numbers and hours
(320) 523 - 5666||8-3:30 Monday-Friday|
(320) 523 - 5766|
Statewide TTY Number
Dial 7-1-1 Learn More