|Service:||Minnesota Food Assistance Program (MFAP)|
||Winona County Department Of Human Services|
|Loc Name:||Winona County Office Building|
|Location:||202 W 3rd St, Winona, MN, 55987-3146 Map|
Minnesota Food Assistance Program (MFAP) can help to pay for food for lawful noncitizens 50 years of age or older with low income. Minnesota set up this program for older noncitizens who are not eligible for the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (formerly called food stamps).
To be eligible, older noncitizens must meet all other SNAP requirements, including having very low income. MFAP provides the same amount of food assistance as under the SNAP program, using the same policies and procedures. MFAP benefits are issued through an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card, which can be used to purchase food at retailers which accept EBT. MFAP benefits may only be used for food (and for plants and seeds to grow food to eat).
To learn about how to use the EBT cards, visit: https://edocs.dhs.state.mn.us/lfserver/Public/DHS-3315A-ENG
To find where to buy food with MFAP benefits using the EBT card, use the look up at: http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/retailerlocator
- Building Accessibility
- Accessible main entrance (zero step approach)
- Accessible public restroom
- Designated disability parking
- Languages other than English
- Accommodations provided to people with disabilities with reasonable notification
- Translator services
To be eligible for Minnesota Food Assistance Program (MFAP), must meet all of the following conditions:
- Age 50 years or older
- Meet all eligibility conditions for Food Support, except for US citizenship requirements (see https://edocs.dhs.state.mn.us/lfserver/public/DHS-3529-ENG for more information) - this includes household income at or below 165% of the federal poverty guidelines and needing to receive the Domestic Violence Information brochure: https://edocs.dhs.state.mn.us/lfserver/Public/DHS-3477-ENG
- Meet the state definition for qualified non-citizens or must be non-citizens lawfully residing in the United States
- Live in Minnesota
- Not be on the Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP)
Contact the county human services office or apply online.
Applicants will need to show proof of immigration status, household income, age and identity.
Online application for MFAP and other programs that can help with health care and income: https://applymn.dhs.mn.gov
There is no fee for this service.
- application/registration forms
- proof of household income
- proof of immigration status (I-94)
- proof of medical costs
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Telephone types, numbers and hours
(507) 457 - 6200||8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday|
(507) 457 - 6500|
|Community Services FAX||
(507) 454 - 9381|
(507) 454 - 9382|
Statewide TTY Number
Dial 7-1-1 Learn More