|Service:||Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Member Help Desk|
||Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS)|
|Location:||540 Cedar St, St. Paul, MN, 55155 Map|
The Member Help Desk answers questions from people who are on Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) [Medical Assistance (MA) and MinnesotaCare].
The Member Help Desk:
* Provides information about applications, eligibility, health care policy, benefits, and claims.
* Refers callers to appropriate county and state agencies for specialized information or services.
The help desk can help with things like:
* How to apply for MHCP
* What to do about a lost or stolen Minnesota Health Care Programs ID card
* How to find a provider who accepts Minnesota Health Care Programs coverage
* What services are covered under MHCP
* Coverage if you are out of the state
* Copays, cost sharing and spenddowns
* Prior authorizations
* Home care service agreements
* How other insurance works with MA (third-party liability)
* The appeals process
If you are enrolled in a health plan through MHCP, contact the health plan's member services with questions about covered services.
If you have questions about eligibility or need to report household, income or asset changes, contact your county office or MinnesotaCare.
Call the Member Help Desk at (651) 431-2670 or (800) 657-3739
- Building Accessibility
- Accessible main entrance (zero step approach)
- Accessible public restroom
- Designated disability parking
- Languages other than English
People on Minnesota Health Care Programs (Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare).
(651) 431-2670 or (800) 657-3739
TTY: (800) 627-3529 or by using your preferred relay service
There is no fee for this service.
- MHCP Membership Card/Number
- Social Security card/number
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
State of Minnesota
Telephone types, numbers and hours
|Main DHS number||
(651) 431 - 2000||8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday|
(877) 627 - 3848|
(800) 627 - 3529||8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday|
Statewide TTY Number
Dial 7-1-1 Learn More