|Service:||Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Member Help Desk|
|Agency:||Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS)|
|Location:||540 Cedar St, St. Paul, MN, 55155 Map|
The Member Help Desk provides information and referral services to persons who are on Minnesota's Health Care Programs (Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare).
Administered through the Department of Human Services (DHS), the Help Desk:
- Provides information about applications, eligibility, health care policy, benefits, and claims.
- Refers callers to appropriate county and state agencies for specialized information or services.
The help desk can help with things like:
- Minnesota Health Care Programs ID card requests
- finding providers who accept Minnesota Health Care Programs coverage
- questions about covered services
- coverage if you are out of the state
- status of claims
- spend downs
- prior authorizations
- home care service agreements
- Explanation of Medical Benefits requests.
People enrolled in a health plan should contact the health plan's member services with questions about covered services.
If you have questions about eligibility or need to report household, income or asset changes, contact your county office or MinnesotaCare.
**Twin Cities metro area residents must call (651) 431-2670 to contact the Member Help Desk**
Outside metro area phone: (800) 657-3739
- Building Accessibility
- Accessible main entrance (zero step approach)
- Accessible public restroom
- Designated disability parking
- Languages other than English
Persons on Minnesota's Health Care Programs (Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare).
(651) 431-2670 (Twin Cities metro area) or
(800) 657-3739 (outside Twin Cities metro area)
TTY: (800) 627-3529 or 711
There is no fee for this service.
- MHCP Membership Card/Number
- Social Security card/number
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
State of Minnesota
Telephone types, numbers and hours
|Main DHS number||
(651) 431 - 2000||8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday|
(877) 627 - 3848|
(800) 627 - 3529||8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday|
Statewide TTY Number
Dial 7-1-1 Learn More