|Service:||Minnesota Braille and Talking Book Library (MBTBL)|
||Minnesota Department of Education|
|Loc Name:||Minnesota Braille and Talking Book Library|
|Location:||388 SE 6th Ave, Minnesota State Academy, Faribault, MN, 55021-6340 Map|
The Minnesota Braille and Talking Book Library (MBTBL), provides direct library service to pre-school age children to seniors with visual, physical and reading disabilities for whom conventional print is a barrier to reading.
Materials are available on audio, in large print, or in braille. Descriptive videos and music are also available.
Library materials are sent free of charge by the U.S. Postal Service. Patrons can request library materials through the online library catalog, as well as by telephone, email, and/or postal mail. A large number of books and magazines are also available to download from Minnesota Braille and Audio Reading Download (BARD).
Minnesota is part of the InfoEyes service, a question and answer service for people with a visual impairment or other print limitation.
Ask a question about anything! Librarians are available to answer questions and to schedule live appointments during normal daytime business hours Monday through Friday, except during holidays.
Email, chat online or call with a question: http://www.infoeyes.org
- Building Accessibility
- Accessible main entrance (zero step approach)
- Accessible public restroom
- Designated disability parking
- Type of Client Preferred
- Adults with disabilities
- Blind or visually impaired
- Children and/or youth with disabilities
- Older adults with disabilities
- Physically disabled
Visually, physically and reading disabled persons certified as unable to read or use standard print material. Must meet guidelines set by federal law. Call for information on eligibility requirements, or visit the website of the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped at http://www.loc.gov/nls.
Call for an application or download one at http://www.loc.gov/nls/pdf/application.pdf. Application must be mailed to Library.
After registering, you can use the online system to find and request materials -
- Search and order materials through our web-based online catalog located at http://webopac.klas.com/mnbph
- For information on using the web catalog, visit the Help screens located on every page of the Library''s website. Contact the Library if you experience difficulty accessing the catalog.
- To request materials online you must know your eight-character Library patron ID code:
- The patron ID code is found to the left of the punch hole on a Library mailing label. It is based on your name. Enter this code when prompted for your username. Library staff will also give the code to you.
- The default password is the last four digits of your telephone number. You can change your password at anytime.
To access the online materials, follow the instructions at: https://nlsbard.loc.gov/MN1A/ApplicationInstructions.html
Services are free; there is no charge for postage for the library to mail materials to the reader, and no charge for postage for the reader to mail materials back to the library.
Telephone: 9:00am - 4:00pm, Monday-Friday
Voicemail is available while the library is closed.
Walk-ins: 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday-Friday
Please call ahead for tours.
State of Minnesota
Telephone types, numbers and hours
(507) 333 - 4828|
(800) 722 - 0550|
Statewide TTY Number
Dial 7-1-1 Learn More