|Service:||Energy Assistance Program|
|Agency:||Community Action of Minneapolis|
|Location:||505 E Grant St, Ste 100, Minneapolis, MN, 55404-1474 Map|
The Energy Assistance Program (EAP) helps pay home heating costs and furnace repairs for income-qualified households.
Services may include:
* Payment of energy bills
* Help with utility disconnections or necessary fuel deliveries.
* Education on efficient and safe use of home heating energy.
* Advocacy with energy suppliers and human service providers on behalf of consumers.
* Repair or replacement of homeowners' malfunctioning heating systems.
- Building Accessibility
- Accessible main entrance (zero step approach)
- Accessible public restroom
- Designated disability parking
- Languages other than English
Households who are at or below 50 percent of the state median income are eligible. Funds are available for renters or homeowners.
Serves Minneapolis Residents ONLY
- Eligibility is based on household gross income for the past three months, household size and consumption for the past 12 months.
- Applicants in subsidized housing responsible for electricity or heating bills are eligible for this program.
- Applicants may own or rent their home.
- Households DO NOT need to be threatened with a disconnection notice or behind on their utility gas or lights bills to apply.
Call (800) 657-3710 for an application or you can complete one of the applications below:
- Fillable application http://mn.gov/commerce/energy/images/FFY15Application_Fillable.pdf
- English application http://mn.gov/commerce/energy/images/FFY15Application_English.pdf
- Large print application http://mn.gov/commerce/energy/images/FFY15Application_LargePrint.pdf
- Spanish application http://mn.gov/commerce/energy/images/FFY15Application_Spanish.pdf
Program begins October 1st, and ends May 31st. Call for application and program information.
- application/registration forms
- current utility bills
- proof of income
8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
City of Minneapolis
Telephone types, numbers and hours
|FAX - Administrative Office||
(612) 348 - 9384|
|Main - Administrative Office||
(312) 348 - 8858|
|Main - Children and Family Development (CFD)||
(612) 334 - 3672||8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday|
|Main - Energy Services (Energy Assistance)||
(612) 335 - 5837|
|Main - Weatherization||
(612) 335 - 5911|
Statewide TTY Number
Dial 7-1-1 Learn More