|Service:||Day Training and Habilitation (DT&H)|
|Loc Name:||Merrick, Inc.-Enhanced Alternatives|
|Location:||3210 Labore Rd, Stes E/A, Vadnais Heights, MN, 55110-5130 Map|
Day Training and Habilitation (DT&H) is a day program for adults with developmental disabilities that helps to:
- Learn and use life skills
- Participate in community life
- Choose activities to participate in that are personally meaningful, such as work or recreation
Services during the day -
- Services (or supports) for a person to be fully integrated into the community.
The services help the person to participate in the community in activities that the person chooses.
Some DT&H services that may be available:
* Supervision, training and help in self-care, communication, socialization and behavior management
* Supported employment and work-related activities
- DT&H centers vary in what kinds of work in what settings, but many include disability-specific sheltered work, community work crews, or individual community-based employment supports (such as job coaching or job development)
* Activities in the community, like an exercise class, volunteering or special events
* Training in community survival skills, money management and activities to live more independently
* Transportation services for non-medical purposes to enable persons to participate in DT&H services (DT&H transportation can only be used for DT&H services)
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers in the Community-Based Services Manual - http://www.dhs.state.mn.us/main/id_000861
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS SERVICE:
Merrick, Inc. provides Day Training and Habilitation services to adults with developmental disabilities.
Merrick offers both on-site and community-based jobs, as well as an area for people who wish to focus on other areas outside of employment.
Merrick prides itself on self-advocacy and encourages all people to join self-advocacy activities and group if they are interested.
Merrick's mission is to empower adults with disabilities through vocational and social opportunities, and to guide them toward realizing their goals and dreams.
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Regulated Services
- Chapter 245D License
- Day Services Facility (DSF) License
- Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Enrolled Provider
- Arranges and/or provides for clients
- Type of Client Preferred
- Waiver Service Specialties
- Day Training and Habilitation (DT&H)
To be eligible for DT&H services through the state of Minnesota Disability Services, a person goes through a screening.
People who are eligible for this service meet 4 requirements:
1. Are 18 years or older (including people who are aging)
2. Are diagnosed with a developmental disability
- Home and Community Based Services under Medical Assistance (MA) or county contract
-or- - Home and Community-Based Waiver (such as the Developmental Disabilities (DD) waiver),
-or- - Are Living in a Intermediate Care Facility for Persons with Developmental Disabilities (ICF/DD)
4. Make an informed choice to get this service
Please call Sue Waite-Hanson at 651-789-6231 or e-mail her at email@example.com
For people who are screened to meet all 4 eligibility criteria, MN Department of Human Services (DHS) Disability Services through the county, Medical Assistance (MA), or Developmental Disabilities (DD) waiver pay for DT&H services.
Private pay or other funding options may be available.
- authorization from physician
- birth certificate
- caseworker verification
- emergency contact telephone number
- immunization records
- parent/guardian consent
- primary physician's name / address / phone
- proof of address
- proof of age
- proof of disability
- psychiatric/psychological assessment
- referral form
- telephone number
Anoka, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, and Washington Counties
Telephone types, numbers and hours
(651) 789 - 6200|
(651) 770 - 7512|
Statewide TTY Number
Dial 7-1-1 Learn More