|Service:||Group Residential Housing (GRH)|
|Agency:||Hennepin County Human Services and Public Health Department|
|Location:||300 S 6th St, Government Center, Minneapolis, MN, 55487-0999 Map|
Group Residential Housing (GRH) is a state program that helps to pay for housing and food costs for low-income adults who are elderly, blind or disabled, who live in licensed or registered settings. In some settings, GRH may pay for services when other funding is not available (such as a through a waiver program). These payments are made directly to the housing provider.
Types of housing eligible for GRH include settings licensed as:
* Adult Foster Care
* Board and Lodging Establishments
* Supervised Living Facilities
* Boarding Care Homes
* Housing with Services Establishments and Assisted Living Settings
To learn more about the GRH program, visit: http://www.dhs.state.mn.us/main/id_002549
- Building Accessibility
- Accessible main entrance (zero step approach)
- Accessible public restroom
- Designated disability parking
- Languages other than English
- Accommodations provided to people with disabilities with reasonable notification
- Type of Client Preferred
- Adults with disabilities
- Chemically dependent
- Older adults with disabilities
To qualify for GRH, people must:
* Have a disability or disabling condition according to Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or General Assistance (GA) requirements
* Have limited assets ($2,000 if qualified based on SSI, $1,000 if qualified based on GA)
* Have income (total income minus any deductions) less than the maximum benefit allowed at the GRH residence
Contact the financial worker to apply, if the person has a county or tribal financial worker.
People who do not yet have a worker can apply at the local social services office or online at: https://applymn.dhs.mn.gov.
There is no fee for this service.
- proof of household income
Telephone types, numbers and hours
(612) 348 - 4500|
Statewide TTY Number
Dial 7-1-1 Learn More