|Service:||General Assistance (GA)|
||Olmsted County Community Services|
|Location:||2117 Campus Drive SE, Rochester, MN, 55904 Map|
General Assistance (GA) provides single adults and childless couples with modest monthly cash grants for basic living needs if they are unable to work due to illness, disability or other specified reasons.
GA grants are up to $203 for individuals and $260 for couples per month.
General Assistance (GA) participants are also eligible for help with food and medical costs through the Medical Assistance (MA) program and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Food Support.
- Building Accessibility
- Accessible main entrance (zero step approach)
- Accessible public restroom
- Designated disability parking
- Building Amenities
- Client Conveniences
- Languages other than English
- Accommodations provided to people with disabilities with reasonable notification
- Translator services
- Near a bus line or light rail train stop
To be eligible for GA a person must:
* Meet a "basis of eligibility" such as being unable to work because of a temporary illness or disability
* Have income less than program limits ($203/month for an individual)
* Have no more than $1,000 in assets
Most people are required to apply for benefits from other programs for which they may qualify and to repay interim aid they receive from General Assistance (GA). Most often application for Social Security Retirement, Survivors, and Disability Insurance (RSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is required.
Apply online at http://www.applymn.org
or by printing and using the Combined Application Form available at: http://edocs.dhs.state.mn.us/lfserver/Public/DHS-5223-ENG and returning it to your county or tribal human services agency by mail or in person.
- application/registration forms
- proof of assets
- proof of disability
- proof of income
8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday.
Telephone types, numbers and hours
|Adult and Family Services Division||
(507) 328 - 6400|
(507) 328 - 6400|
|Community Services - Fax||
(507) 328 - 7950||8:00 am-5:00 pm, Monday-Friday|
Statewide TTY Number
Dial 7-1-1 Learn More