|Service:||Home Delivered Meals|
|Location:||Call for location|
Home Delivered Meals programs prepare and deliver nutritious meals to older adults and people with disabilities who are unable to prepare the food for themselves or travel to a site where a meal is being served.
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers and the Alternative Care Program in the Community-Based Services Manual - http://www.dhs.state.mn.us/main/id_002235
- and the Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Provider Manual - hhttp://www.dhs.state.mn.us/main/id_056766#P1135_70223
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS SERVICE:
Mom’s Meals delivers fresh meals to people who are elderly and/or disabled throughout Minnesota.
Clients get to choose from around 30 different meals and receive a week's worth of meals at a time. Each meal has been designed by a team of registered dieticians to meet the 1/3 daily nutritional requirements, be friendly to people with diabetes, and is prepared in their United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) inspected kitchen by a kitchen staff lead by their executive chefs. Special packaging keeps the food fresh for over two weeks in the refrigerator (a similar system to the "lettuce in a bag" you see in the supermarket) and no preservatives are added in this process.
Special diet menus include heart friendly, carb-controlled, gluten-free, vegetarian, and renal; in addition to the total nutritionally balanced meal plans. A list of the menu of choices is available at: http://www.momsmeals.com
Mom's Meals can deliver to clients everywhere in the continental 48 states using United Parcel Service (UPS) and FedEx. Many clients are in areas that are outside a provider's existing meal route or coverage area, but the senior can still receive nutritious home delivered meals. Because the company is delivering to people with disabilities and elderly people, they have a special agreement with UPS/FedEx which ensures each driver will follow all special delivery instructions, including setting the meals inside the home.
- Languages other than English
- Meals Served
- Gluten free
- Home delivered meals
- Low fat, low carb
- Low salt
- Mechanical soft
- Special diet - accommodated
- Special diet - diabetic
- Special diet - low sodium
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Community Alternative for Disabled Individuals Waiver (CADI)
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
- Essential Community Supports (ECS)
- Medicaid (Medical Assistance) reimbursement programs like Elderly/CADI Waiver for services
- Private pay
- Private pay / co-pay applied towards services
- Regulated Services
- Approved by DHS as Meeting State Standards
- Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Enrolled Provider
- Service Availability
- Type of Client Preferred
- Adults with disabilities
- Blind or visually impaired
- Brain Injury (BI)
- Children and/or youth with disabilities
- Developmentally disabled
- Mentally ill
- Older adults
- Older adults with disabilities
- People with disabilities
- Physically disabled
- Waiver Service Specialties
NPI Number (National Provider Identifier)
New members - If you are paying for the meals yourself, call the Private Pay Customer Line at (866) 971-6667.
Accepts waiver funding and private pay.
The cost per meal for private pay is $5.99, plus shipping, delivered right to the door. Specific pricing is based on volumes, meals per day and week for each senior, exact geographic location, etc.
8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
Entire state of Minnesota.
Telephone types, numbers and hours
(515) 266 - 6120|
|New customers - Private Pay only||
(866) 971 - 6667|
|Number for existing customers||
(866) 204 - 6111|
|Self-pay customer line||
(877) 508 - 6667|
Statewide TTY Number
Dial 7-1-1 Learn More