|Service:||Community Behavioral Health Hospital (CBHH)|
|Agency:||Community Behavioral Health Hospital (CBHH) - St. Peter|
|Location:||2000 Klein St, St. Peter, MN, 56082 Map|
Community Behavioral Health Hospitals are short-term, acute psychiatric hospitals that employ evidence-based practices, which are methods of treatment that research has demonstrated are effective in supporting people with mental illness in their recovery. Intensive, multidisciplinary services provided by the hospitals include:
- Assessment of mental, social, and physical health by psychiatrists, clinical nurse specialists, advanced practice nurses, psychologists, clinical social workers, medical physicians and other rehabilitation therapists, as appropriate
- Development of an individual treatment plan, including medication management and 24-hour nursing care
- Active mental health treatment and programming, including the integration of important aspects of the Illness Management and Recovery model of care. This model is an individualized, person-centered approach that includes the family and community in treatment planning and implementation.
- Individualized discharge planning and collaboration with patients, family members, significant others as well as county social services and mental health case managers for transitioning back to an appropriate setting in the community.
Staffed 24 hours a day, the hospitals each employ about 35 staff, including mental health professionals specializing in psychiatry, nursing, psychology and social work.
This provider is a licensed psychiatric hospital by the Minnesota Department of Health and is subject to periodic health and safety inspections by the Department or an approved accrediting agency.
- Medical Services
- Acute care
- Mental health services
- Regulated Services
- Licensed Community Behavioral Health Hospital
- Licensed Psychiatric Hospital
- Service Availability
Referral to Community Behavioral Health Hospitals may be made by county social service agencies, the courts, local mental health providers, community hospitals and private mental health practitioners. Referrals for admissions are processed 24 hours a day through a Centralized Pre-Admission center where medical necessity and medical stability is assessed to insure an appropriate placement at an appropriate level of care.
Telephone types, numbers and hours
(507) 933 - 5001|
Statewide TTY Number
Dial 7-1-1 Learn More