|Service:||SNAP - Food Support|
||Mille Lacs County Community & Veterans Services|
|Location:||525 2nd St SE, Milaca, MN, 56353-1303 Map|
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is a county-run federal program that helps Minnesotans with low incomes get the food they need for sound nutrition and well-balanced meals. The program issues electronic SNAP benefits that can help stretch your household food budget. SNAP was formerly known as Food Support or Food Stamps.
- Building Accessibility
- Accessible main entrance (zero step approach)
- Accessible public restroom
- Designated disability parking
- Languages other than English
- Accommodations provided to people with disabilities with reasonable notification
- Translator services
If you need help to pay for food, you can apply for SNAP, even if you’re not sure if you qualify.
Eligibility is based on household income minus some things you pay for, like utilities, housing and child care.
* People who are over 60 or disabled often have additional deductions (such as medical costs), so income is figured differently.
* If everyone in your household gets Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA) and/or General Assistance (GA), then you are under the income limit.
* Households exiting the Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) may still qualify for SNAP.
* You cannot qualify for SNAP if you live in an institution.
* Some people must register for work to receive benefits. You can get help to find work.
* You cannot get both SNAP and Tribal Food Distribution in the same month.
The fastest way to get started to apply for SNAP is to call your county social service office.
You can also start to apply online for SNAP and other help: https://applymn.dhs.mn.gov.
If you and everyone in your household is 60 or older, and you only want to apply for SNAP, you can use this application: https://edocs.dhs.state.mn.us/lfserver/Public/DHS-5223F-ENG.
For more information about SNAP you can:
* Call the Twin Cities metro area hotline: (651) 431-4050
* Outside the metro area, call toll-free: (800) 657-3698
* Use the online screening tool to see if you may qualify:
- current utility bills
- proof of home ownership/rental lease
- proof of household income
- proof of medical costs
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Mille Lacs County
Typical Waiting Times for this Service
Max: 30 days
Telephone types, numbers and hours
(320) 983 - 8208|
(320) 983 - 8306|
(888) 270 - 8208|
Statewide TTY Number
Dial 7-1-1 Learn More