MinnesotaHelp.info® Policy on Accessibility: Exceeding Standards
In accordance with federal laws, state laws, and the Minnesota State Accessibility Standards, MinnesotaHelp.info® is committed to ensuring that all users are able to access the information and content on the site.
MinnesotaHelp.info® embraces these values by:
- Following principles of accessible web design
- Incorporating accessibility into all phases of the design and implementation process
- Ensuring usability through ongoing quality assurance mechanisms like expert reviews of the programming and design, user testing and community feedback
- Maintaining competency on current assistive technology, trends and policies
- Developing interfaces in languages other than English
- Providing assistance wherever possible to help users understand these policies
Whenever possible, MinnesotaHelp.info® will exceed federal and industry accessibility standards to assure the tools are truly usable regardless of language preference, literacy level, hearing, visual, and motor or communication ability.
MinnesotaHelp.info® standards for accessibility are further defined by:
- Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act
- Minnesota State Accessibility Standards
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, (AA standard compliant required)
While MinnesotaHelp.info® will work hard to honor its commitment to ensure access to information, however MinnesotaHelp.info® cannot guarantee the accessibility of external sites and links accessed through this site. Consumers should contact owners of those sites for further information on accessibility compliance.