A.C.E. of Southwest Minnesota
250 S Jefferson St, PO Box 130, Redwood Falls, MN, 56283-8304
Distance: 1186 Miles
Companionship programs connect people with volunteers who visit individuals who are:
* In the hospital
* Socially isolated
Visitors help to provide conversation, reading or other social activities to help keep older adults or people with disabilities engaged.
This program is a volunteer companion service for persons 60 years of age or older within the community.
Some of the services provided include:
* Having an active listener
* Having someone who understands
* Having a trained individual help sort out situations that arise
* Having someone trained in referral services
The volunteer will come to you at your home, the hospital, or some other site.
Companionship and Friendly Visiting Services are available in Cottonwood, Lincoln, Lyon, Murray, Nobles, Redwood, and Rock counties.
No charge. This service is offered through the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of A.C.E. of Southwest Minnesota.
8:30am - 3:00pm, Monday - Friday
- Cottonwood County 1012 5th Ave, Windom, MN, 56101-1479
- Lincoln County 319 N Rebecca St, Ivanhoe, MN, 56142-9572
- Lyon County 607 W Main St, Marshall, MN, 56258-3169
- Murray County 2989 Maple Rd, Slayton, MN, 56172-1461
- Nobles County 315 10th St, Rm 202A, Worthington, MN, 56187-2315
- Rock County 319 E Lincoln St, Luverne, MN, 56156-1604
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-1400.1900-230Friendly Visiting Definition
Programs that use "friendly visitors" (usually volunteers but also paid hourly companions) to call on people who are hospitalized or in another institutional setting, who are homebound or socially isolated due to disability or old age, or otherwise lack companionship with the objective of brightening their day and helping them to maintain contact with the outside world by reading, talking, listening, writing letters or performing other similar tasks.