Skip to main content

Aitkin County Housing and Redevelopment Authority

Publicly Owned Subsidized Housing

Pioneer Villa

141 E 2nd Ave, McGregor, MN, 55760

(218) 768-2005


Service Details


Housing owned and operated by a local government entity, such as a Public Housing Agency or a Housing Authority, which provides low-rent affordable housing to households with low incomes who are eligible

The rental amount paid by the resident is often determined based on the resident's income. Some housing has a low, fixed rent amount. Public housing comes in all sizes and types, from scattered single family houses to high-rise apartments. Some housing may be restricted to specific populations, such as older adults, families, or people with disabilities.

Additional Information

The Aitkin County Housing and Redevelopment Authority (HRA) manages several public housing apartments and houses within Aitkin, McGregor and Hill City.
* Maryhill Manor - 60 unit apartment complex
* Pioneer Villa - 30 unit apartment complex
* Hill Lake Manor - 30 unit apartment complex

Additional services offered at some locations include:
* Meals
* Community Center
* On-site church services
* Hair salon
* Laundry facilities
* Transportation services
* Customized Living Services

This agency also offers scattered site single family houses. They are available to families according to the number of adults and children in the household. Specific eligibility and income guidelines must be met.
* 12 Scattered Family sites in Hill City area.
* 13 Scattered Family sites in McGregor area.


  • Area Served by County
    • Aitkin County 
    • Carlton County 
    • Cass County 
    • Crow Wing County 
    • Itasca County 
    • Kanabec County 
    • Mille Lacs County 
    • Pine County 
    • St. Louis County 
  • Specialization
    • People with low income 


Public housing is for low-income households.

Your eligibility is based on:
* Annual gross income
* Whether you qualify as elderly, a person with a disability or as a family
* U.S. citizenship or eligible immigration status

If you are eligible, the Housing Authority will check your references to make sure you and your family will be good tenants. A Housing Authority may deny admission to any applicant whose habits and practices may be expected to have a harmful effect on other tenants or on the project's environment.

You must meet income guidelines. Income limits are set by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Income guidelines can be found on the HUD website. Check with the property management for specific income limits.

HUD sets the upper income limits at 80% of the median income for the county or metropolitan area in which you choose to live. Some housing is limited to people with very low income (50% of median income). Income limits vary from area to area so you may be eligible at one Housing Authority but not at another. The amount is adjusted each year and is based on family size.

Application Instructions

Call for more information. Some properties maintain waiting lists. There may be a long wait, or the waiting list may be closed.

Business Hours

9:00am - 11:30am, Wednesday

Area Served

Primarily serves Aitkin County


Phone Numbers

Type Number Hours
Main (218) 768-2005

Last Update


Other Locations

Other Services or resources

This provider does not offer other services or resources at this location.

Taxonomy Terms Used. Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.