All Seasons Home Health Care
Supported Living Services (SLS)
10601 Sunset Rd N, Brooklyn Park, MN, 55443-1228
Distance: 1036 Miles
Supported Living Services (SLS) is training for people with developmental disabilities to increase independence. Supported Living Services are for children, youth and adults.
Supported Living Services (SLS) for Children:
SLS for children is provided in a family-style home with up to three (3) other persons, outside of the biological or adoptive home, that helps with community integration.
Supported Living Services (SLS) for Adults:
SLS for adults may be provided in:
* Person's own home
* The community, like at their local store or library
* Licensed community residential setting
Examples of service areas include:
* Eating and preparing food
* Personal grooming and cleaning
* Social and adaptive skills
* Community participation and mobility
* Health care, leisure and recreation
* Household chores
* Interpersonal skills
* Money management
* Increase of positive behavior and reduction or elimination of challenging behavior
* Sensory and motor development
Supportive Living providers providing services to individuals on the Developmental Disabilities (DD) waiver in an adult foster care home must also maintain a Foster Care facility license. Use the Department of Human Services (DHS) Licensing Information Lookup to verify this provider has an active foster care license or a Home and Community Based Services license.
In Minnesota there is not a service called "group home." When the term "group home" is used, it is usually referencing the corporate adult foster care service.
Learn more about this service when paid for under Developmental Disabilities Waiver in the Community-Based Services Manual.
Licenses and Certifications
- Chapter 245D License
- Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Enrolled Provider
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Developmental disabilities
Waiver Service Specialties
- Supported Living Services (SLS) for Adults
SLS is available when all of the following are met:
* The need for this service is in the assessment and the service is on the service plan
* The person requires daily staff intervention due to severe behavior problems, medical conditions, physical deficits and/or lack of adequate survival skills
For children (under age 18) - the behavioral, medical or physical needs must result in the family's inability to maintain them in their home.
This service can be funded through a Developmental Disabilities (DD) waiver if the assessment shows the need and it is included in the service plan.
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- 24-Hour Emergency Assistance (Waiver)
- Adult Companion Services
- Comprehensive Home Care License
- Crisis Respite
- Employment Services
- Homemaker Services
- Independent Living Skills (ILS) Training
- Individual Community Living Supports (ICLS)
- Individualized Home Supports (IHS)
- In-Home Family Support
- Night Supervision
- Nutrition Services (Waiver)
- Personal Care Assistant (PCA)
- Personal Support
- Positive Support Services
- Semi Independent Living Services (SILS)
- Specialist Services
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
LR-3100.3300In Home Developmental Disabilities Habilitation Programs Definition
Programs that provide habilitation services whose goal is to help individuals with developmental disabilities who reside within the family home achieve maximum independence, integration, individualization and productivity in both home and community settings. Habilitation services include therapeutic activities, assistance, training, supervision and monitoring in the areas of self-care, sensory and motor development, interpersonal skills, communication, socialization, health care, leisure and recreation, money management, household chores and other self-help, socialization and adaptive skills necessary to reside successfully in the community.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.