Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
Allina Home Oxygen & Medical Equipment - St. Paul
310 Smith Ave N, Ste 140, St. Paul, MN, 55102-2393
Distance: 44 Miles
Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS) are electronic devices for older adults and people with disabilities to easily call for help in an emergency.
The person may also wear a portable "help" button to allow for mobility. The system is connected to the user's phone and programmed to alert a response center once the "help" button is activated. The response center is staffed by trained professionals.
About This Location
If you have a waiver or the Alternative Care Program covered costs include: purchase of equipment, installation, and monthly service charge.
If you have disability waiver funding, the service plan (based on an assessment of your needs) determines which services are funded through your waiver.
24-hour emergency response equipment like the Personal Emergency Response Equipment can be paid for through the Elderly Waiver and Alternative Care Program with the service called Specialized Supplies and Equipment.
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers, the Alternative Care Program, and Essential Community Supports in the Community-Based Services Manual.
Credentials/Qualifications of Enrolled Waiver Providers
- Medical Equipment Supplier
Licenses and Certifications
- Approved by DHS as Meeting State Standards
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
- Essential Community Supports (ECS)
Waiver Service Specialties
- Emergency Response System - Installation
- Emergency Response System - Monthly Service Fee
- Emergency Response System - Purchase
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital 800 E 28th St, Rm PB1160, Minneapolis, MN, 55407-3723
- Allina Home Oxygen & Medical Equipment - Buffalo 300 Catlin St, Ste 103, Buffalo, MN, 55313-2035
- Allina Home Oxygen & Medical Equipment - Cambridge 2560 Main St S, Ste 100, Cambridge, MN, 55008-3300
- Allina Home Oxygen & Medical Equipment - Hutchinson 1077 Highway 15 S, Plaza 15, Hutchinson, MN, 55350-3153
- Allina Home Oxygen & Medical Equipment - New Ulm 1601 S Broadway St, New Ulm, MN, 56073-3752
- Allina Home Oxygen & Medical Equipment - Owatonna 1176 E Frontage Rd, Ste 4, Owatonna, MN, 55060-6284
- Allina Home Oxygen & Medical Equipment - Westgate 1055 Westgate Dr, Ste 140, St. Paul, MN, 55114-1451
- Mercy Hospital - Coon Rapids 4050 Coon Rapids Blvd NW, Coon Rapids, MN, 55433-2627
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-1800.6260Personal Alarm Systems Definition
Programs that provide electronic equipment which connects frail elderly individuals, people who have disabilities or people at risk of violence from an ex-partner with the police, participating hospitals, paramedics or other sources of emergency assistance.