Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency (AEOA)
Energy Assistance Program
702 S 3rd Ave, Virginia, MN, 55792
Distance: 976 Miles
Energy Assistance Program (EAP) services may include:
* Help paying energy bills
* Help paying water/wastewater bills
* Help with utility disconnections or getting fuel delivered
* Information on efficient and safe use of energy
* Helping you work with your energy suppliers and human service providers
* Repairing or replacing a broken furnace or heating system, if you own your home
- Community Action Partnership
Eligibility is based on three most recent months of income.
See the application form for income limits based on household size.
Funds are available for renters and homeowners.
Serves Cook, Lake and St. Louis counties, including the City of Duluth, and Grand Portage Reservation.
Applications can also be picked up from your local service provider, or Minnesota residents can obtain an application and more information by calling (800) 657-3710.
Mail the completed application to your local provider.
There is no fee.
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
St. Louis, Lake, and Cook counties
Service delivery for some programs has extended to the four neighboring counties of Aitkin, Carlton, Itasca, and Koochiching
Some services available at this location are provided only in certain limited geographic areas. Please see the Eligibility requirements for each service to determine if that service is available in your location.
Groceries to Go is only available in St. Louis County
|Toll Free||(800) 662-5711|
- Duluth Office Energy Assistance 12 E 4th St, Lower Level, Duluth, MN, 55805
Other Services or resources
- Emergency Shelter
- Employment Support for Older Workers
- Family Assets for Independence in Minnesota (FAIM)
- Grocery Delivery - Groceries to Go
- Home Ownership Assistance
- Home Repair and Maintenance
- Home Repair Financial Assistance
- HUD-Approved Housing Counseling
- Job Search Assistance - SNAP Employment & Training Programs
- Life Skills Education
- Medical Equipment or Assistive Technology Loan Program
- Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- Senior and Caregivers Guide to Services
- Telephone Reassurance
- Transitional Housing
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Weatherization Assistance Program
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
Programs that pay for or provide new or reconditioned heating systems. Furnaces are powered by wood, coal, oil, propane, natural gas or electricity and pump heated air throughout a home or other building using a system of ducts. Some systems heat water which circulates through radiators. Included are programs that provide grants or loans for furnace replacement.
BV-8900.9300Utility Service Payment Assistance Definition
Programs that pay all or a portion of the utility bills of people whose utilities have been or are at risk of being shut off including any reconnection fees that may apply. Also included are non-emergency programs like those funded through the federal Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), also referred to as LIEAP or HEAP in some states, that provide home energy assistance, generally in the form of a credit, for low-income households that apply. The assistance is usually available once per calendar year (or heating season). Utility bill payment assistance programs may have age, income, disability, need or other eligibility requirements.
BV-8900.9300-950Water Service Payment Assistance Definition
Programs that pay all or a portion of the water service expenses of people whose water has been or is as risk of being shut off including any reconnection fees that may apply. Included are programs that provide assistance with combined water/sewer bills in communities where sewer payments are bundled with payments for water services. Water service payment assistance programs may have age, income, disability, need or other eligibility requirements.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.