Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency (AEOA)
Cook County Food Shelf
3rd Ave W and 2nd St, Congragational Church, Grand Marais, MN, 55604
Food is distributed to those who need it. The emergency food is typically made available through donations.
Licenses and Certifications
- Community Action Partnership
Serves Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching Lake and St. Louis counties
Bring proof of Income or proof of being on energy assistance. Clients must also fill out a form proving these.
Aurora Area Food Shelf: Tuesdays, 10:00am - 1:00pm
Babbitt Food Shelf: Food vouchers - distributed by churches (218) 827-2166
Chisholm Food Shelf: Thursdays, 11:00am - 3:00pm
Ely Area Food Shelf: 3rd Wednesday, 11:00am - 6:00pm Website:
Cook County Food Shelf - Mondays, 3:00pm - 5:00pm and 1st Wednesday, 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Proctor Food Shelf - Wednesdays, 10:00am - 1:00pm - Emergency transportation provided
Quad City Food Shelf (Gilbert) - Wednesdays, 10:00am - 4:00pm, Thursdays, 11:00am - 5:00pm
Silver Bay Food Shelf - Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:00pm
Tower Area Food Shelf - 3rd Tuesday, 2:30pm - 5:00pm
3:00pm - 5:00pm, Monday; 5:00pm - 7:00pm the first Wednesday of the month
Grand Marais and surround communities
- Aurora Food Shelf 315 Main St N, Aurora, MN, 55705-1347
- Chisholm Food Shelf 208 W Lake St, Chisholm, MN, 55719-1716
- Ely Area Food Shelf 15 W Conan St, Ely, MN, 55731-1233
- Grand Marais Office 15 N Broadway Ave, Grand Marais, MN, 55604-5015
- Proctor Food Shelf 100 Pionk Dr, Proctor, MN, 55810-1705
- Quad City Food Shelf (Mt. Iron) 8367 Enterprise Dr N, Mountain Iron, MN, 55768
- Silver Bay Office 99 Edison Blvd, County Service Center, Silver Bay, MN, 55614-1211
- Tower Area Food Shelf 414 Main St, the Timberjay (Basement), Tower, MN, 55790-5105
- Virginia Adult Basic Education Learning Center 327 1st St S, Rm 18, Virginia, MN, 55792-2623
Other Services or resources
This provider does not offer other services or resources at this location.
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BD-1800.2000Food Pantries Definition
Programs that acquire food products through donations, canned food drives, food bank programs or direct purchase and distribute the food to people who are in emergency situations. Some pantries deliver food to people whose disabilities or illnesses make it difficult for them to leave home.