Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency (AEOA)
HUD-Approved Housing Counseling
702 S 3rd Ave, Virginia, MN, 55792
Distance: 416 Miles
(218) 749-2912 Ext: 6895
Housing and Urban Development (HUD)-approved housing counseling is for consumers who are seeking, financing, maintaining, renting or owning a home. The sessions help consumers make responsible housing choices in light of their needs and financial situation. Housing counselors educate first-time home buyers about financing options. Counselors also help anyone who wants to (or already does) rent or own a home, to make their rent or mortgage payments and to be a responsible tenant or owner.
Counselors who provide this service are trained and approved by HUD.
About This Location
This agency provides the following counseling services:
* Pre-purchase Counseling
* Pre-purchase Homebuyer Education Workshops
Area Served by County
- St. Louis County
- Community Action Partnership
Individuals, families or groups who are tenants, homeowners, homeless or homebuyers, may receive counseling from HUD-approved and HUD-funded housing counseling agencies.
Free or low cost
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
St. Louis, Lake, and Cook counties
Service delivery for some programs has extended to the four neighboring counties of Aitkin, Carlton, Itasca, and Koochiching
Some services available at this location are provided only in certain limited geographic areas. Please see the Eligibility requirements for each service to determine if that service is available in your location.
Groceries to Go is only available in St. Louis County
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- Emergency Shelter
- Employment Support for Older Workers
- Energy Assistance Program
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP)
- Grocery Delivery - Groceries to Go
- Home Ownership Assistance
- Home Repair and Maintenance
- Home Repair Financial Assistance
- Job Search Assistance - SNAP Employment & Training Programs
- Medical Equipment or Assistive Technology Loan Program
- Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- Senior and Caregivers Guide to Services
- Telephone Reassurance
- Transitional Housing
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Weatherization Assistance Program
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-3700.3200HUD Approved Counseling Agencies Definition
Agencies funded by the federal Office of Housing and Urban Development to provide prepurchase and mortgage default counseling, home equity conversion (reverse mortgage) counseling and information about the HUD rent assistance program for current and prospective purchasers and tenants.