Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency (AEOA)
Home Ownership Assistance
702 S 3rd Ave, Virginia, MN, 55792
Distance: 1399 Miles
Home ownership program that offers financial assistance to make home purchases more affordable for those that meet eligibility requirements
The Homeownership Program is designed to promote and encourage homeownership by providing down payment and closing cost loans to income-eligible, qualified buyers.
Provides Homestretch Workshops, open to anyone interested in learning how to buy a home. It is designed to give prospective homebuyers an understanding and knowledge of:
* How real estate transactions work
* Qualifications of homebuyer financing
* Responsibilities of homeownership
Provides counseling focusing on affordability, types of mortgages, budgeting and savings.
* This service is available to anyone
- Community Action Partnership
- People with low income
Serves Cook, Lake and St. Louis counties, excluding the city limits of Duluth.
Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance program:
* Potential buyer must complete the Homestretch Workshop
* Complete counseling before a purchase agreement is signed
* Home must pass inspection
* First time homebuyer or not owned a home in the last 3 years
* Potential buyer must qualify for a mortgage. The Counselor will assist homebuyers in shopping for a mortgage.
* Pay a minimum of $1000 towards the purchase price
* Family income must be at or below 80% of the area median income in St. Louis, Cook, and Lake County
Call for more information at (218) 735-6895
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Serves residents of St. Louis, Lake, and Cook. Service delivery for some programs has extended to the four neighboring counties of Aitkin, Carlton, Itasca, and Koochiching.
Some services available at this location are provided only in certain limited geographic areas. Please see the Eligibility requirements for each service to determine if that service is available in your location.
Groceries to Go is only available in St. Louis County
|Toll Free||(800) 662-5711|
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- Emergency Shelter
- Employment Support for Older Workers
- Energy Assistance Program
- Family Assets for Independence in Minnesota (FAIM)
- Grocery Delivery - Groceries to Go
- Home Repair and Maintenance
- Home Repair Financial Assistance
- HUD-Approved Housing Counseling
- Job Search Assistance - SNAP Employment & Training Programs
- Life Skills Education
- Medical Equipment or Assistive Technology Loan Program
- Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- Senior and Caregivers Guide to Services
- Telephone Reassurance
- Transitional Housing
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Weatherization Assistance Program
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-3500.3500Housing Down Payment Loans/Grants Definition
Programs that provide cash grants or loans for people who want to purchase or build a home and need all or a portion of the amount that is required to make a down payment on the home or property. Included are conventional loans, deferred loans (in which payments are deferred until the home is sold) and forgivable loans (in which all or a part of the loan is forgiven if the borrower resides in the home for a specified period of time).
BH-3700.3000Homebuyer/Home Purchase Counseling Definition
Programs that help people who want to purchase a home evaluate their readiness for homeownership, shop for housing that meets their needs, resolve potential credit problems, analyze specific home purchase offers, obtain a mortgage loan with advantageous interest rates and an affordable monthly payment, and complete the paperwork to close the loan and complete the sale. Also included are programs that provide assistance for people who want to refinance a home.
YL-3300.4500Low Income Definition
Individuals or families whose annual income is between 150 and 200% of poverty level for their family size.
YL-3300.6500Poverty Level Definition
People whose annual income is within the federal poverty level guidelines which vary according to family size and are revised annually.