Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency (AEOA)
Weatherization Assistance Program
702 S 3rd Ave, Virginia, MN, 55792
Distance: 1034 Miles
Provides services to income-qualified homeowners and renters to reduce energy bills by making homes more energy efficient while protecting the health and safety of household members
Local Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) providers evaluate potential weatherization work by conducting an energy audit and home assessment. The assessment determines the most cost-effective energy efficient improvements for your home.
Services may include:
* Exterior wall and attic insulation
* Air infiltration and bypass sealing
* Test, repair, and/or replace home mechanical systems to ensure efficiency and safety
* Education on how you can reduce energy usage in your home
Licenses and Certifications
- Community Action Partnership
Households at or below 200% of Federal Poverty Income Guidelines. Priority is given to households with:
* Elderly or disabled family members
* Children 18 years of age or younger
* High energy consumption
* High energy burden
* Family members receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) within the last 12 months
Please note that the wait time for assistance, after eligibility has been determined, varies between local WAP providers.
Serves Cook, Lake, and St. Louis counties, including the City of Duluth
Complete one of the following applications and mail it to your local energy assistance provider.
Minnesota residents may also obtain an application and more information by calling (800) 657-3710.
Services are provided free of cost.
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Serves residents of St. Louis, Lake, and Cook. Service delivery for some programs has extended to the four neighboring counties of Aitkin, Carlton, Itasca, and Koochiching.
Some services available at this location are provided only in certain limited geographic areas. Please see the Eligibility requirements for each service to determine if that service is available in your location.
Groceries to Go is only available in St. Louis County
|Toll Free||(800) 662-5711|
- Weatherization Office 2900 E Beltline, Ste 9, Hibbing, MN, 55746-2345
Other Services or resources
- Career Counseling - Lives in Transition
- Early Head Start
- Emergency Shelter
- Employment Support for Older Workers
- Energy Assistance Program
- Errand Running and Shopping - Bundled Services Program
- Family Assets for Independence in Minnesota (FAIM)
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP)
- Grocery Delivery - Groceries to Go
- Head Start
- Home Ownership Assistance
- Home Repair Financial Assistance
- HUD-Approved Housing Counseling
- Job Search Assistance - SNAP Employment & Training Programs
- Job Training
- Life Skills Education
- Medical Equipment or Assistive Technology Loan Program
- Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- Senior and Caregivers Guide to Services
- Senior Partners Care (SPC)
- Telephone Reassurance
- Transitional Housing
- Volunteer Opportunities
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-3000.1800-950Weatherization Programs Definition
Programs that provide assistance in the form of labor and supplies to help people improve the energy efficiency of their homes and protect them from the elements. The program provides ceiling insulation, attic venting, double glazed windows, weather-stripping, minor housing envelope repairs, low-flow showerheads, evaporative cooler vent covers, water heater blankets, pipe wrap, duct wrap, switch and outlet gaskets, caulking, and other related energy conservation measures. Weatherization programs may have age, income, disability or other eligibility requirements.
Programs that pay for or provide new or reconditioned heating systems. Furnaces are powered by wood, coal, oil, propane, natural gas or electricity and pump heated air throughout a home or other building using a system of ducts. Some systems heat water which circulates through radiators. Included are programs that provide grants or loans for furnace replacement.