Blue Earth County Mental Health Center
Community Support Program - Second Step Clubhouse
Second Step Clubhouse
421 Hickory St E, Ste 404, Mankato, MN, 56001
Distance: 1073 Miles
Offers adult mental health support services to those living with a serious mental illness, such as connection to resources and organized activities
Second Step Clubhouse is a Community Support (CSP) Program and resource center for consumers with serious and persistent mental illness (SPMI) which provides:
* Opportunities for members to share ownership and responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Clubhouse
* A healthy, safe environment for members to learn or regain skills through structured groups and social and recreational activities with an emphasis on member strengths and abilities
* A recovery focus which allows members to educate and empower themselves to take charge of their mental illness
* Opportunities and support to re-join the worlds of friendship, family, employment, education and community
- Mental health
* Adult (18 or older)
* Meets the criteria as having a Serious and Persistent Mental Illness (SPMI)
* Actively working with a mental health support service, including Adult Mental Health Case Management and / or clinical services such as psychiatric services or therapy
* Not considered to pose a significant or immediate threat to the general safety of the Clubhouse community
Blue Earth County including Eagle Lake, Good Thunder, Lake Crystal, Madison Lake, Mankato, Mapleton, and St. Clair
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
RM-6500.5000Mental Health Drop In Centers Definition
Programs that provide an alternative, nonresidential environment for people who have mental, emotional or social problems and which may offer recreational activities, socialization, individual or group counseling, mutual support group meetings, information and referral or other similar services. Included are centers that are staffed by consumers of psychiatric services as well as centers that are managed by professional staff.
RP-6400.8000-660.15Clubhouse Model Psychiatric Rehabilitation Definition
Voluntary, person-centered membership programs for people with a history of mental illness that offer social, recreational, prevocational and vocational rehabilitation services within the context of a supportive and structured environment where members can be involved in meaningful activities which help them regain a sense of self-worth, purpose and confidence and enhance their ability to sustain independent living. Members establish their own schedules within an ordered day, choose the activities they will regularly participate in, and are actively engaged and supported by staff and other members in the activities and tasks they have chosen. Services provided through the group experience of the ordered day include a wide array of skill development activities and training designed to assist the member to gain control of debilitative aspects of their illness, acquire personal and social competencies, and establish and navigate environmental support systems. Also included are clubhouse model programs for other populations such as people with brain injuries.
RR-8800.6500Psychiatric Resocialization Definition
Programs that provide social and recreational activities for people who are recovering from mental illness to help them gain confidence and readjust to living and/or working in the community.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.
YF-5000.1100Chronic/Severe Mental Illness Definition
A number of mental or emotional conditions of a seriously debilitating nature which progress or do not respond positively to treatment over a period of time and which require adjustments on the part of the individual and his or her significant others, or long-term medication, to make daily functioning possible.