Chippewa County Family Services
Adult Protective Services (APS)
719 N 7th St, Ste 200, Montevideo, MN, 56265-1370
Distance: 1457 Miles
Report suspected maltreatment of vulnerable adults to the Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center: (844) 880-1574
A vulnerable adult can be anyone over age 18 who:
* Has a physical, mental or emotional impairment that makes it difficult for the person to care for themselves without help and to protect themselves from maltreatment
* Is in a hospital, nursing home, transitional care unit, assisted living, housing with services, board and care, foster care or other licensed care facility
* Receives services such as home care, day services, personal care assistance or other licensed service
* Abuse, including physical, emotional and sexual abuse, use of restraints, involuntary seclusion or punishment
* Neglect, including failure to provide necessary food, shelter, clothing, health care or supervision because of neglect by a caregiver or because the vulnerable adult cannot meet their own needs
* Financial exploitation, including theft or withholding of money or property and/or use of money or property not for the vulnerable adult's benefit
Adult Protective Services assess needs and provide emergency and continuing services to safeguard the welfare of vulnerable adults. Examples of adult protection activities include assisting the vulnerable adult to move, apply for social or financial services, or initiate proceedings related to guardianship or conservatorship.
County Adult Protective Services agencies investigate reports of maltreatment of vulnerable adults when the suspect is a family member, friend, or stranger not related to a program or service licensed by the Minnesota Department of Health or the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS).
- 24 hours a day
- Adults with disabilities
- Older adults
- Older adults with disabilities
There is no fee for this service.
8:00am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday
|Toll Free||(877) 450-6401|
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- Adult Foster Care (AFC) and Community Residential Setting (CRS) Licensing
- Apply for Waiver Programs
- Child Foster Care (CFC) Licensing
- Child Protective Services (CPS)
- Child Support Services (CSS)
- County Programs for Families
- County Programs for Food Support
- County Programs for Health Care Financial Assistance
- County Programs for Income Assistance
- County Programs for People with Disabilities
- Emergency Assistance
- Family Child Care (FCC) Licensing
- Family Support Grant (FSG)
- Housing Support
- Mental Health Services for Adults and Children
- MnCHOICES Assessment and Support Planning
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Support Group - Caregivers
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-6500.0500-050Adult Protective Intervention/Investigation Definition
Programs that investigate and intervene on behalf of adults who are unable to act on their own behalf, manage their own affairs, or who are in immediate danger due to physical or emotional abuse, unsafe or hazardous living conditions, exploitation, neglect or abandonment. Services may include removal of the individual to safer surroundings, authorization for medical treatment and other available services necessary to remove the conditions which have created a threat to life. Included are programs that receive reports of and investigate elder abuse involving noninstitutionalized adults.