Subsidized Housing for Families
521 Maple St, Red Wing, MN, 55066-3377
Distance: 954 Miles
Privately owned building whose management contracts with either the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) or the Minnesota Housing Finance Agency to receive rental subsidies
This type of property is sometimes referred to as "Project Based Section 8 Housing." Property owner/manager must follow HUD regulations. The government gives funds directly to the apartment owners, who lower the rents they charge tenants with low-income. This type of affordable housing is specifically for families. The rental amount paid by the resident is determined based on the resident's income. Some units have a low, fixed rent amount.
HUD requires rental housing to provide Equal Housing Opportunity.
Nonprofit provider of Affordable Family Housing, primarily for families and children.
Advantage Centers services offered at many of their sites and include:
* Youth enrichment services
* Help for seniors and persons with disabilities
* Family services
- People with low income
The resident must meet income guidelines set by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Check with the property management for specific income limits.
This type of housing is specifically for families. Individual properties may have additional eligibility requirements.
People looking for affordable housing with or without services who are income eligible
Call for a list of housing communities. Many communities have waiting lists.
Rent varies depending on unit and subsidy.
By appointment only
Located in Goodhue County but serving all counties
- Cathedral Hill Homes 280 Dayton Ave, St. Paul, MN, 55102-1897
- Community Plaza 709 Central Ave W, St. Paul, MN, 55104-4821
- Falls Meadowridge Townhomes 775 Buck Ln, Little Falls, MN, 56345-3627
- Galway Place 11200 Osage St NW, Coon Rapids, MN, 55433-3668
- Greenvale Place 211 Greenvale Ave W, Northfield, MN, 55057-1446
- Howard Lake 1208 7th St, Howard Lake, MN, 55349-9599
- Kingsley Heights Apartments 105 1/2 W 1st St, Duluth, MN, 55802-2180
- Seward Tower East 2910 E Franklin Ave, Minneapolis, MN, 55406-1161
- Skyline Tower 1247 Saint Anthony Ave, St. Paul, MN, 55104-4126
- Sunrise Manor 500 Remmele St SW, Sleepy Eye, MN, 56085-1220
- Torre de San Miguel 58 Wood St, St. Paul, MN, 55107-2235
- Vista Village 422 Concord St, St. Paul, MN, 55107-2406
- Westminster Place 1374 Westminster St, St. Paul, MN, 55130-3367
- Whitney Grove Townhomes 7710 Whitney Dr, Apple Valley, MN, 55124-4904
- Whittier Cooperative 2609 Blaisdell Ave, Minneapolis, MN, 55408-1575
- Yorkdale Townhomes 7401 York Ave S, Edina, MN, 55435-4706
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-7000.4600-450Low Income/Subsidized Private Rental Housing Definition
Privately owned rental housing that is made available to low-income individuals and families at reduced rates based on a contract between HUD or the state housing authority and the property owner. Subsidies are paid directly to the owner of the property who then rents units to income-eligible individuals and families. Also included are low-cost or below market rate housing that is operated or sponsored by religious or charitable organizations for the benefit of low-income individuals and families; and rental housing targeted to lower income households that has been purchased, rehabilitated or constructed by developers who are receiving a federal income tax credit under the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program or are participants in other similar affordable housing incentive programs. Some privately owned rental units that were developed or improved with public funds are also required to rent a designated number of units at reduced prices to people who meet low-income eligibility requirements until the federal or state loans are paid. Some complexes or housing units may be reserved for low-income older adults, people with disabilities and/or other special populations. Included are income-based rental housing where tenants pay rent that is geared to their income; as well as fixed below market rate rental housing where rent is lower than what people would normally pay renting the unit but is based on a specified percentage of the median income for the area rather than on a percentage of an individual's actual income, and tenants may have to be within a specified income range to live there. Rental amounts and the level of "affordability" may vary considerably among programs.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.
Groups of people, usually consisting of parents (mothers and fathers) and children, who live together in a common dwelling and depend on one another for support.