Healthy Aging Classes
1645 Marthaler Ln, West St. Paul, MN, 55118
Distance: 996 Miles
Classes and workshops on how to make decisions that can help your health as you get older or as a caregiver helping others.
The programs have been tested through research and by real-world participants.
* Tai Ji Quan - Group exercise class to improve balance, strengthen muscle, and reduce your risk of falling
- Beginner and advanced classes
* Falls Talk - Meet one-on-one with a trained facilitator to discuss your fall concerns and explore individualized solutions
- Title III
Falls Talk: Age 60+
The fee varies by location.
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Apple Valley, Burnsville, Eagan, Farmington, Hastings, Inver Grove Heights, Lakeville, Mendota Heights, Rosemount, South St. Paul, and West St. Paul
Homemaking services also provided in Southern Washington County and Dakota County
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- Adult Companion Services
- Caregiver Consultant
- Caregiver Support
- Chore Services - Yard Work, Snow Removal, Home Repair
- Environmental Accessibility Adaptations (EAA) Home Assessment
- Environmental Accessibility Adaptations (EAA) Home Modification
- Family Caregiver Training and Education
- Home Accessibility Modification
- Home Management Registration
- Homemaker Services
- Support Group - Memory Loss and Caregivers (Memory Cafe)
- Technology Training for Older Adults
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
JR-8200.3000-200Fall Prevention Programs Definition
Programs that are designed to increase public awareness of the risk factors associated with trips, slips and falls by older adults and others in and around their homes and the measures that can be taken prevent their occurrence. Delivery formats may include fact sheets, safety check lists or other informational materials; individual or group educational sessions which may include strength and balance exercises; and general media campaigns. The programs may address illnesses and other physical conditions that affect mobility and balance; "high-risk" medications or medication combinations that may cause drowsiness; lack or improper use of needed mobility aids; proper versus improper footwear; environmental safety hazards such as unsafe or unlighted stairways, uneven or slippery walking surfaces, obstacles such as throw rugs and exposed cords or wires, unsteady furniture or lack of grab bars and handrails; and other similar factors.
PL-7000.5800-850T'ai Chi Ch'uan Definition
Programs that provide opportunities for people of all ages to learn, become competitive in and practice T'ai Chi Ch'uan, a Chinese form of meditation and exercise that is based on 13 basic movements which can be used for self defense or relaxation or to develop physical fitness.