Disabled American Veterans, Department of Minnesota (DAVMN)
Superior, WI, 54880
Distance: 0 Miles
Transportation program that provides rides for people in and around their community
Provides free transportation to Minnesota Veterans to attend VA medical appointments at four regional medical centers, or locally based clinics.
* Riders may have to wait prior to, or after appointments, to serve other ride requests, but every attempt is made to prevent extended wait times.
* Family members and caregivers may ride along, space dependent. Please mention this when scheduling your ride as several rides may be bundled together to maximize route effectiveness.
* Please let your Transportation Coordinator know if you have any mobility limitations, require a walker, manual wheelchair, oxygen tank or have other needs.
About This Location
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
- Serves community
- Older adults
Transportation Area Served by County
- Aitkin County
- Carlton County
- Cook County
- Itasca County
- Koochiching County
- Lake County
- St. Louis County
Available Monday - Friday on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Rides should be requested as soon as an appointment is made and at least one week prior to the needed ride.
Visit the website site for region specific information.
No fee for services.
Northeast Minnesota, North Shore, Iron Range
- Central Minnesota Transportation Call for location, MN
- Metro Transportation
- Northwest Transportation Bemidji, MN, 56601
- Southeast Transportation Rochester, MN, 55901
- Veteran's Administration Medical Center - Minneapolis 1 Veterans Dr, Rm 1S-141, Minneapolis, MN, 55417
- Veteran's Administration Medical Center - St. Cloud 4801 Veterans Dr, Bldg 1B, St. Cloud, MN, 56303
Other Services or resources
This provider does not offer other services or resources at this location.
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BT-4500.6500-500Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Definition
Programs that provide transportation for medical appointments, trips from and between hospitals, to nursing homes or other special-care centers or for other non-emergency medical needs for individuals who, because of financial problems or their physical condition, are unable to use other means of local transportation. NEMT service providers are able to transport riders who require a wheelchair lift equipped vehicle with appropriate protective restraints or a van that is designed for gurney/stretcher transportation, or has other types of features to meet their safety needs.
YB-8000Older Adults Definition
Individuals who are age 50, 55, 60, 62 or 65 or older depending on the minimum age for qualifying as an older adult which varies by program.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.
Individuals who are former members of one of the branches of the armed forces and who, by length and type of services, honorable discharge or release or degree of disability, qualify for the benefits and privileges that are provided by law for ex-servicemen and women.