Dream of Wild Health
Dream of Wild Health Farm
16085 Jeffrey Ave N, Hugo, MN, 55038-9334
Distance: 1027 Miles
Health and wellness education promotes healthy behaviors to reduce health risks, manage common conditions and prevent physical and mental health problems.
Restore health and well-being in the Native community by recovering knowledge of and access to healthy Indigenous foods, medicines and lifeways
Shares resources and skills related to growing food with others in an effort to reduce poverty and improve the health of Native people and communities
Youth and Family Education Programs include:
* Farming for kids (Cora's Kids) - four-day summer program for kids ages 8-12 to learn about health food, Native culture and language.
* Community garden on the East side of St. Paul
* Indigenous Food Share Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program - get a weekly box of Native natural foods every week through summer
* Farm visits for tours, workshops, schools and summer programs for Native and non-Native people
Occasional activities include:
* Cooking classes - learn to use Native foods grown in Minnesota
* Indigenous food demonstrations
* Seedling sale
* Workshops on sacred medicines
* Seed saving workshops
* Indigenous food tasting
Confirm location for each program, as some are offered at Twin Cities sites while others are at the farm in Hugo.
Most educational programs are free.
Foods are sold at the Farmer's Markets. Accept cash, cards, Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) and Women, Infants and Children (WIC) vouchers at all Dream of Wild Health markets.
Full and half CSA shares also available. Accept cash, checks, credit cards, EBT, and even will trade for shares - contact the agency if cost is an issue.
Greater Twin Cities Area and Northern Surrounding Counties
- Urban Office 1308 E Franklin Ave, Minneapolis, MN, 55404-2924
Other Services or resources
This provider does not offer other services or resources at this location.
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
LH-2700.9500Wellness Programs Definition
Programs that offer individual and/or group sessions which assist participants to understand how their lifestyle impacts their physical and mental health and to develop personal practices that enhance their total well-being. Wellness programs are holistic and combine a variety of components which may include a general physical examination that is tailored to the individual's needs; an evaluation of the person's pattern of exercise, eating habits, sources of stress and other lifestyle elements that are potential risk factors; and the development and implementation of an individualized plan for prevention management and early intervention to optimize health and performance which may include physical fitness sessions, nutrition counseling, stress reduction techniques, biofeedback, practice in assuming responsibility for one's choices, and other specific measures for avoiding physical and mental health problems.