Educational Opportunity Centers (EOC)
Minnesota CareerForce Center - North St. Paul
Call for location
Job counseling and guidance for people who want to find a career that matches their interests and abilities
The Educational Opportunity Center (EOC)s give free help with academic and career counseling (help to reach school and job goals).
* Academic and career assessment testing - to find out what levels and types of school and jobs would use your strengths
* Academic and career counseling and referral
* Referral to Adult Basic Education (ABE) and English as a Second Language (ESL) assistance
* Help to work toward getting your General Educational Development (GED)
* Information about post-secondary educational options (college, technical school and alternatives)
* Help to apply for financial aid and to find scholarships
* Referral to community agencies and services for basic needs and more types of job help
* Workshops on topics like college survival skills, financial aid, career decision making and more
* Help to resolve student loan defaults (for potential students only)
- People with low income
Call to set up an appointment.
There is no fee for this service.
Northeastern Metro Area
- Century College 3300 Century Ave N, White Bear Lake, MN, 55110-1842
- Educational Opportunity Centers (EOC) 1501 Hennepin Ave, Mpls Comm and Tech College, Minneapolis, MN, 55403-1710
- Minnesota CareerForce Center - Anoka County in Blaine 1201 89th Ave NE, Blaine, MN, 55434-3370
- Minnesota Workforce Center - Minneapolis 800 W Broadway Ave, Minneapolis, MN, 55411-2614
- Ronald Hubbs Center for Lifelong Learning 1030 University Ave W, Ste 108, St. Paul, MN, 55104-4706
- St. Paul College 235 Marshall Ave, St. Paul, MN, 55102-1807
Other Services or resources
This provider does not offer other services or resources at this location.
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
HL-2500.0500Academic Counseling Definition
Programs that assist students in selecting a course of studies that is suited to their abilities, interests, future plans and general circumstances.
HL-2500.7100Return to Education Support Definition
Programs that provide special support services for individuals, usually women or minorities, who are initiating or resuming a postsecondary course of study. Services usually include assistance with admission and registration procedures, financial aid, library materials, referral services, support groups and workshops which address a wide variety of topics including study skills.
ND-2000.1500-140Career Change Counseling Definition
Programs that provide information and guidance for people who want to develop skills in a different occupational area than the one in which they have been working and who need to re-evaluate their aptitude, abilities and interests to select the most appropriate new option.
ND-2000.1500-160Career Counseling Definition
Programs that provide information and guidance for people who need to evaluate their aptitude, abilities and interests in order to choose a vocation or career and select the type of training that will enable them to obtain and progress in positions in the public or private sector that are productive and fulfilling.
ND-2000.9000Vocational Assessment Definition
Programs that administer tests which measure an individual's skills, abilities, interests, personality traits and other attributes for success in different occupational areas or specific positions. Also included are programs that allow people to "try out" jobs in the community for short periods of time to determine whether there is a fit and, in the case of people with disabilities, to determine the type of supports the individual might require to succeed if hired for that type of job.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.