400 River Rd, Ste 1, Grand Rapids, MN, 55744-3784
Companionship programs connect people with volunteers who visit individuals who are:
* In the hospital
* Socially isolated
Visitors help to provide conversation, reading or other social activities to help keep older adults or people with disabilities engaged.
Offers friendly visits to seniors from volunteers.
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- Adult Companion Services
- Adult Day Services (ADS)
- Caregiver Consultant
- Chore Services - Yard Work, Snow Removal
- Family Caregiver Training and Education
- Fitness Program - Bone Builders
- Grocery Delivery
- Guardianship and Conservatorship Program
- Healthy Aging Classes
- Home Repair and Maintenance
- Home Safety
- Homemaker Services
- Information and Support - Dementia, Respite
- Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- Support Group - Caregiver, Parkinson's Disease, Memory Loss
- Transportation (Waiver)
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-1400.1900-230Friendly Visiting Definition
Programs that use "friendly visitors" (usually volunteers but also paid hourly companions) to call on people who are hospitalized or in another institutional setting, who are homebound or socially isolated due to disability or old age, or otherwise lack companionship with the objective of brightening their day and helping them to maintain contact with the outside world by reading, talking, listening, writing letters or performing other similar tasks.