Diabetes Care and Education
St. Mary's Hospital and Clinic - Superior
3500 Tower Ave, Superior, WI, 54880-5335
Distance: 393 Miles
Hospital or clinic-based diabetes screening, management and education services for patients of all ages
Diabetes dietitians recommend your best food choices to help control your blood sugar levels and for weight management. Registered dietitians and certified diabetic educators are trained in diabetic nutrition. They can develop a food plan to ensure your best long-term health.
* The services include individual counseling sessions
* Must have physician referral to receive diabetes management services
Essentia Health accepts most insurance for covered services for eligible individuals, including Medical Assistance (MA) and Medicare.
Billing concerns or questions - if there is concern about being able to pay a bill, please call or visit the billing office right away to learn about options, which may include interest-free payment plans, fee reductions and/or Community Care for people who qualify.
8:00am - 7:30pm, Monday
8:00am - 5:00pm, Tuesday - Friday
Area surrounding Superior, WI
|Clinic Appointments||(218) 786-8790|
|Toll Free||(800) 342-1388|
- Essentia Health - Ada 201 9th St W, Ada, MN, 56510-1279
- Essentia Health - Deer River 115 10th Ave NE, Ste A, Deer River, MN, 56636-8795
- Essentia Health - Duluth Clinic - 2nd Street Building 502 E 2nd St, Duluth, MN, 55805-1906
- Essentia Health - Ely Clinic 300 W Conan St, Ely, MN, 55731-1145
- Essentia Health - Fosston 900 Hilligoss Blvd SE, Fosston, MN, 56542-1542
- Essentia Health - Grand Rapids Clinic 1542 Golf Course Rd, Ste 203, Grand Rapids, MN, 55744-3557
- Essentia Health - Hibbing Clinic and Pharmacy 730 E 34th St, Hibbing, MN, 55746-5110
- Essentia Health - International Falls Clinic and Pharmacy 2501 Keenan Dr, International Falls, MN, 56649-2181
- Essentia Health - Lakeside Clinic and Pharmacy 4621 E Superior St, Duluth, MN, 55804-2338
- Essentia Health - Menahga Clinic 212 Aspen Ave NE, Menahga, MN, 56464-3289
- Essentia Health - Park Rapids Clinic 705 Pleasant Ave S, Park Rapids, MN, 56470-1440
- Essentia Health - Remer Clinic 9 Birch St NE, Remer, MN, 56672-4469
- Essentia Health - South University Clinic 1702 University Dr S, Fargo, ND, 58103-4940
- Essentia Health - Virginia Clinic 1101 9th St N, Virginia, MN, 55792-2372
- Essentia Health - Wahpeton Clinic 275 11th St S, Wahpeton, ND, 58075-4655
- Essentia Health - Walker Clinic 110 D Michigan Ave NW, Walker, MN, 56484-2274
- Essentia Health St. Joseph's - Brainerd Clinic and Pharmacy 2024 S 6th St, Brainerd, MN, 56401-4529
- Essentia Health St. Joseph's Medical Center 523 N 3rd St, Brainerd, MN, 56401-3098
- Essentia Health St. Mary's - Detroit Lakes Clinic 1027 Washington Ave, Detroit Lakes, MN, 56501-3409
- Essentia Health St. Mary's - Frazee Clinic 300 E Main Ave, Frazee, MN, 56544-4504
- Essentia Health St. Mary's - Mahnomen Clinic 117 N Main St, Mahnomen, MN, 56557-4003
- Essentia Health St. Mary's - Pelican Rapids Clinic 301 N Broadway, Pelican Rapids, MN, 56572-4113
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
LT-1750.1750Diabetes Management Clinics Definition
Programs that help people of all ages who have juvenile or adult diabetes understand and manage their illness. Services may include screening programs for early identification of the condition and associated complications; establishment of a treatment regimen; patient education; and self-management skills development assistance which may focus on use of insulin and drugs to control blood sugar levels, blood glucose monitoring, dietary management in different environments (at home, at work, in school, while dining out), menu planning, the role of exercise in relation to food intake, hygienic measures such as foot care and ways to reduce the likelihood of diabetes-related complications which may include heart disease, kidney failure, amputation, nerve damage and blindness. Included are programs that provide comprehensive preventive, diagnostic and treatment services on an inpatient or outpatient basis as well as less formal programs that emphasize education and may provide any combination of supportive services such as case management, assistance in obtaining needed products and services, and assistance in following the prescribed treatment regimen. Diabetes is a chronic, incurable disease in which the pancreas fails to produce enough insulin to allow the body to adequately metabolize sugar.
A disorder in which the pancreas produces too little insulin with the result that the body is unable to adequately metabolize sugar. Principal symptoms are elevated blood sugar, sugar in the urine, excessive urine production and increased food intake. Complications of diabetes if left untreated include low resistance to infections leading to a susceptibility to gangrene, cardiovascular and kidney disorders, disturbances in the electrolyte balance and eye disorders, some of which may lead to blindness.