Essentia Health - Virginia Clinic and Pharmacy
1101 9th St N, Virginia, MN, 55792
Distance: 1037 Miles
Treatment and education designed to maintain or improve a person's physical, intellectual and social health.
Services can be provided on a short-term or long-term basis.
Offers outpatient physical and occupational therapy, some locations offer speech therapy.
- Occupational therapy
- Medicaid (Medical Assistance)
- Private health insurance
- Private pay
Occupational therapy services are generally covered by insurance, including Medical Assistance and Medicare.
St. Louis County
|Toll Free||(800) 662-5728|
- Esko Fitness Center and Physical Therapy at Esko High School 2 E Highway 6, Esko, MN, 55733
- Essentia Health - Ada 201 9th St W, Ada, MN, 56510
- Essentia Health - Deer River 115 10th Ave NE, Ste A, Deer River, MN, 56636
- Essentia Health - Duluth - Physical Therapy 1600 Miller Trunk Hwy, Bldg C, Duluth, MN, 55811
- Essentia Health - Fargo Hospital and Clinic 3000 32nd Ave S, Fargo, ND, 58103
- Essentia Health - Graceville Clinic 115 W 2nd St, Graceville, MN, 56240
- Essentia Health - Grand Rapids Clinic 1542 Golf Course Rd, Ste 203, Grand Rapids, MN, 55744
- Essentia Health - Hermantown - Physical Therapy 4289 Ugstad Rd, Hermantown, MN, 55811
- Essentia Health - Moose Lake 4572 County Road 61, Moose Lake, MN, 55767
- Essentia Health - Northern Pines Clinic 5211 Highway 110, Aurora, MN, 55705
- Essentia Health - Park Rapids Clinic 705 Pleasant Ave S, Park Rapids, MN, 56470
- Essentia Health - Sandstone 705 Lundorff Dr, Sandstone, MN, 55072
- Essentia Health - South University Clinic 1702 University Dr S, Fargo, ND, 58103
- Essentia Health - St. Mary's Therapy Center 1112 Lincoln Ave, Detroit Lakes, MN, 56501
- Essentia Health - Virginia Care Center 901 9th St N, Virginia, MN, 55792
- Essentia Health - Wahpeton Clinic 275 11th St S, Wahpeton, ND, 58075
- Essentia Health - West Fargo Clinic 1401 13th Ave E, West Fargo, ND, 58078
- Essentia Health Sandstone - Hinckley Physical Therapy 45 Lady Luck Dr, Hinckley, MN, 55037
- Essentia Health St. Joseph's - Baxter Clinic and Pharmacy 13060 Isle Dr, Baxter, MN, 56425
- Essentia Health St. Joseph's - Brainerd Clinic and Pharmacy 2024 S 6th St, Brainerd, MN, 56401
- Essentia Health St. Joseph's - Brainerd Rehabilitation Center 2016 S 6th St, Brainerd, MN, 56401
- Essentia Health St. Joseph's - Crosslake Clinic 35205 County Road 3, Crosslake, MN, 56442
- Essentia Health St. Joseph's - Pierz Clinic 138 Main St S, Pierz, MN, 56364
- Essentia Health St. Mary's - Pelican Rapids Clinic 301 N Broadway, Pelican Rapids, MN, 56572
- Essentia Health St. Mary's - Superior 3500 Tower Ave, Superior, WI, 54880
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
LR-1570.1500Cardiac Rehabilitation Definition
Multidisciplinary programs that are designed to help patients resume active and productive lives following cardiac surgery, a heart attack or stabilization of angina pectoris, and to minimize the risk of further cardiovascular problems. The therapy usually combines a structured, progressive physical activity program with patient and family education regarding the recognition, prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease and identification and modification of specific cardiovascular risk factors which may require dietary counseling, smoking cessation, weight reduction or other modifications in behavior.
LR-1570.8450Spine Rehabilitation Definition
Programs that provide comprehensive rehabilitation services for post-operative patients and individuals who have acute and/or chronic upper or lower back, shoulder or neck pain and discomfort, spinal injuries, disc disorders, or conditions such as osteoporosis and arthritis that affect the spine. Treatment may include bracing, injections, manipulation, soft tissue and joint mobilization and manipulation, aerobic conditioning, back care classes, aquatic therapy, and individualized exercise programs that are designed to stretch, strengthen and repair muscles that help to support the back and improve flexibility, stabilization, balance, coordination and overall fitness.
LR-1570.8500Stroke Rehabilitation Definition
Multidisciplinary programs that combine the resources of physical, occupational and speech therapists to help individuals who have been disabled by a stroke recover their mobility and ability to communicate or develop alternative approaches or skills. Therapy focuses on helping patients to recover physical strength and control; improve their balance; relearn or replace basic motor skills that are needed for dressing, shaving, housekeeping and other activities of daily living; and overcome expressive and receptive language problems or develop alternatives.
LR-6200Occupational Therapy Definition
Programs that evaluate the task performance skills of individuals who may be having difficulty engaging in self-care, work, play or leisure time activities and help people across the lifespan participate in the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities (occupations). Occupational therapy services typically include an individualized evaluation, during which the individual/family and occupational therapist agree on the person's goals; customized intervention to improve the person's ability to perform daily activities and reach their goals; and an outcomes evaluation to ensure that the goals are being met. Common occupational therapy interventions include helping children with disabilities to participate fully in school and social situations, helping people recovering from injury to regain skills, and providing supports for older adults experiencing physical and cognitive changes.
LR-6600Physical Therapy Definition
Programs that evaluate joint motion, muscle strength and endurance, heart and lung function and the ability of people to perform activities of daily living; and utilize the therapeutic properties of exercise, heat, cold, electricity, ultraviolet, water, manipulation and massage to improve circulation, strengthen muscles, reduce pain and restore mobility to people who have been disabled by a stroke, arthritis, back or spinal cord injuries or other debilitating conditions. Physical therapists practice in a variety of settings including hospitals, private offices, outpatient clinics, rehabilitation centers, developmental centers, home health agencies, schools and pediatric centers.
YF-3000.0440Alzheimer's Disease Definition
An age-related, non-reversible brain disorder that develops over a period of years. Initially, people experience memory loss and confusion, which may be mistaken for the kinds of memory changes that are sometimes associated with normal aging. The symptoms gradually lead to behavior and personality changes, a decline in cognitive abilities such as decision-making and language skills and problems recognizing family and friends; and ultimately to a severe loss of mental function. Alzheimer's disease is one of a group of disorders called dementias that are characterized by cognitive and behavioral problems. It is the most common cause of dementia among people age 65 and older.
An acquired reduction in mental capacity that is characterized by impairment of memory, judgment and intellectual functioning which is often accompanied by behavioral disturbances.
YF-3000.8280Swallowing Disorders Definition
Any of a variety of pathological or congenital conditions that make it difficult for the individual to swallow food normally. Symptoms include a lump in the throat, hoarseness, a sore throat, pain during swallowing, avoidance of specific foods or liquids and repeated attacks of pneumonia due to unconscious aspiration of food into the lungs.