Families First of Minnesota
Early Learning Scholarship
Families First of Minnesota - Rochester
126 Woodlake Dr SE, Rochester, MN, 55904
Distance: 92 Miles
Early Learning Scholarships help parents access high quality early child programs for their children up to age four with high needs. Scholarships provide up to $7,500 in financial support for children to attend an early learning program.
There are two types of scholarships:
* Pathway I - Scholarship is awarded directly to families that meet eligibility requirements. The funds are paid to the early childhood program the family chooses. The program must participate in the Parent Aware Quality Rating and Improvement System and may include Head Start, school district prekindergarten and preschool programs, and child care programs. Pathway I scholarships "follow the child" and are awarded to the family for up to 12 months.
* Pathway II - Scholarship is awarded to families through an eligible Four-Star Parent Aware Rated program. These include Head Start, school district prekindergarten and preschool programs, and child care programs. Programs participating as Pathway II locations have the scholarship funds paid directly to the early childhood program and receive the scholarship for up to 12 months.
Additional information is available on the Minnesota Department of Education Early Learning Scholarships webpage or by calling (888) 291-9811.
Scholarships are available to children ages three or four years old by September 1st of the school year the scholarship is used. A family's income must be equal to or less than 185 percent of the federal poverty level or be participating in any of the following programs:
* Free and reduced-price lunch
* Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
* Child Care Assistance (CACAP)
* Food Distribution for Tribal members
* Head Start
* Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP)
* Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
* Foster Care
Children birth to two years old are eligible if they meet one or more of the following criteria:
* Child of a teen parent
* Currently in foster care
* In need of child protective services
* Experienced homelessness in the last 24 months
Priority for scholarships will be given based on family income, child poverty, one of the special populations noted above, and geographic region.
Families First of Minnesota serves the following counties: Blue Earth, Brown, Carver, Chisago, Dakota, Dodge, Faribault, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Houston, Isanti, Kanabec, Le Sueur, Martin, Mille Lacs, Mower, Nicollet, Olmsted, Pine, Rice, Scott, Sibley, Steele, Wabasha, Waseca, Watonwan, Winona
Contact the Area Administrators serving your county
Applications and instructions
If you have any questions, or to request an application, please contact a Families First of Minnesota Scholarship Administrator at (888) 450-2773 or email email@example.com
For families living in other counties in Minnesota, call (888) 291-9811 for further assistance.
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Olmsted County and surrounding area
|Main - After Hours Nurser||(507) 535-5625|
|Toll Free||(800) 462-1660|
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
NL-3000.1500Child Care Expense Assistance Definition
Programs that cover all or part of the cost of child care in public and licensed private child care centers or private family child care homes, usually for low-income families or families which include children with disabilities in situations where parents are working, in school or in a training program. Also included are programs that pay the costs of in-home or out-of-home child care when the parent is receiving diagnostic tests, undergoing medical treatment, is hospitalized or needs to be out of the house for other reasons; and those that provide financial assistance to families with young children to help cover some of the costs of a parent staying home to care for their child.