Family Service Rochester
Chore Services - Yard Work, Handyman, Cleaning, Errands
Family Service Rochester - Main Office
4600 18th Ave NW, Rochester, MN, 55901-2116
Distance: 996 Miles
Chore Services include help to keep your home clean, sanitary, and safe. These services are more heavy-duty than homemaker services.
Offers services to Olmsted County residents age 60 and older:
* Minor household maintenance and repair
- Grab bar installation
- Changing batteries in smoke alarms
* Light carpentry
* Yard work
* Light housekeeping
* Grocery shopping
* Running errands
About This Location
* Moving large furniture
* Snow removal
* Dumpster rental or refuse disposal
* Extermination and pest control
* General indoor and outdoor home maintenance - snow removal, lawn care, etc.
* Grocery delivery
* Heavy household chores - securing loose rugs, washing floors, windows and walls
* Moving or removing large household items and heavy appliances in order to provide safe access to and exit from the home
* Packing the person's belongings
* Rearranging or securing household items in order to prevent injuries or falls
If you have waiver or Alternative Care program funding, the service plan (based on an assessment of your needs) determines which services are funded through your waiver.
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers and the Alternative Care program, or the Essential Community Supports program in the Community-Based Services Manual and the Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Provider Manual.
Licenses and Certifications
- Approved by DHS as Meeting State Standards
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
- Essential Community Supports (ECS)
- Private pay
- Title III
For more information call:
Rochester: (507) 287-2010
Byron: (507) 218-3275
Stewartville: (507) 535-9000
Accepts private pay:
* Available on a cost-sharing basis to individuals ages 60 and older (fees based on ability to pay)
* Individuals under age 60 may access the service for $25 per hour
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-3300.2750Home Maintenance and Minor Repair Services Definition
Programs that provide assistance for people who need to do routine maintenance on their homes or make minor repairs.
PH-3300.3100Housekeeping Assistance Definition
Programs that offer the services of workers who go into people's homes and help with house cleaning chores.
YB-8000Older Adults Definition
Individuals who are age 50, 55, 60, 62 or 65 or older depending on the minimum age for qualifying as an older adult which varies by program.