Fillmore County Department Of Social Services
Parent Support Outreach Program (PSOP)
902 Houston St NW, Ste 1, Preston, MN, 55965-1094
Distance: 954 Miles
Voluntary, early intervention program providing short-term support for at-risk or overwhelmed families.
Comprehensive assessment is completed, and families are connected to needed support and resources to assist many types of issues, such as:
* Basic needs (food, clothing, housing)
* Family health concerns (medical care, mental and chemical health services)
* Child care
* Financial needs (budgeting and financial assistance)
The goals of this program are to enhance the well-being of children and families, ensure and maintain safety for children, and support families so they can meet the needs of their children by themselves and through support systems.
To be eligible, families must:
* Have at least one child age 10 or younger, or be pregnant
* Be exposed to at least 2 or more at-risk factors which may include:
- Domestic violence
- Alcohol and drug problems
- Mental health concerns
- History of child protection involvement
* Not currently be involved with child protection services
Families can refer themselves or be referred by community or social service agencies.
Contact your county or tribal human services department to make or inquire about a referral. General questions can be sent to: DHS.CSP.PSOP@state.mn.us
There is no fee to participate
|General Information||(507) 765-2175|
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- Adult Foster Care (AFC) and Community Residential Setting (CRS) Licensing
- Adult Protective Services (APS)
- Apply for Waiver Programs
- Child Foster Care (CFC) Licensing
- Child Protective Services (CPS)
- Child Support Services (CSS)
- County Programs for Families
- County Programs for Food Support
- County Programs for Health Care Financial Assistance
- County Programs for Income Assistance
- County Programs for People with Disabilities
- Emergency Assistance
- Family Support Grant (FSG)
- Find Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Housing Support
- Mental Health Case Management
- MnCHOICES Assessment and Support Planning
- Social Security Representative Payee
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-2360.2400Family Support Centers/Outreach Definition
Programs that provide a wide variety of social services that are designed to support the healthy development of families, improve family interaction skills and help fragile families to resolve their problems at a pre-crisis stage before they become unmanageable. Services may be center-based or provided on an outreach basis to families who are initially reluctant to seek support and generally target the specific needs of a particular community. Included may be self-sufficiency programs which help families break the cycle of poverty by addressing the barriers to self-sufficiency; early child development and school success programs; programs which address the needs of teen parents; programs which target parents at risk for becoming abusive; programs for families with children who have special developmental needs and programs that focus on the maternal and child health care needs of first-time, expectant women whose babies are at high risk for low birth weight and infant mortality.
The lawful mother and father of a person. Included are the natural mother or father of a child born to a valid marriage; the adoptive father or mother of a child jointly adopted by them; the natural mother of an illegitimate child if she is the sole guardian; the child's putative parent who has expressly acknowledged paternity and has contributed to the child's support; and any individual whose status as guardian of the child has been established by statute.