Goodhue County Health and Human Services
Community Support Program
426 West Ave, Red Wing, MN, 55066-2473
Distance: 862 Miles
Offers adult mental health support services to those living with a serious mental illness, such as connection to resources and organized activities
Provides supportive services to adults who have a serious and persistent mental illness in efforts to have them remain in their own community and able to live as independently as possible
* Outreach visits
* Crisis assistance
* Drop-in center
* Day treatment includes group therapy in the areas of art therapy, health education, independent living skills, and medication monitoring (held in 3-hour blocks, twice each week)
* Individual counseling
* Independent living skills assistance
* Social/recreational therapy
Provides housing support, including assistance with finding housing, negotiating with landlord/tenant agreements, assistance with rental deposits and monthly rent (for a limited time), providing furnishings, and home maintenance.
Client Information and Specialization
- Mental health
- Medicaid (Medical Assistance)
- Private pay
- Sliding fee scale
Adults, 18 years old and older, with a serious and persistent mental illness (residents of counties other than Goodhue must be on Medical Assistance).
Call for an intake interview.
Costs are based on services provided and ability to pay (sliding fee scale).
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
|Welfare Department||(651) 385-3200|
|Welfare Department FAX||(651) 385-3205|
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- Adult Foster Care (AFC) and Community Residential Setting (CRS) Licensing
- Adult Protective Services (APS)
- Apply for Waiver Programs
- Child and Teen Checkups
- Child Foster Care (CFC) Licensing
- Child Protective Services (CPS)
- Child Support Services (CSS)
- Consumer Support Grant (CSG) Program
- County Programs for Families
- County Programs for Food Support
- County Programs for Health Care Financial Assistance
- County Programs for Income Assistance
- County Programs for People with Disabilities
- Emergency Assistance
- Family Child Care (FCC) Licensing
- Family Home Visiting
- Family Support Grant (FSG)
- Follow Along Program
- Housing Support
- MnCHOICES Assessment and Support Planning
- Public Health Clinic
- Social Security Representative Payee
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- WIC - Supplemental Nutrition Program
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
RP-6400.8000-660.15Clubhouse Model Psychiatric Rehabilitation Definition
Voluntary, person-centered membership programs for people with a history of mental illness that offer social, recreational, prevocational and vocational rehabilitation services within the context of a supportive and structured environment where members can be involved in meaningful activities which help them regain a sense of self-worth, purpose and confidence and enhance their ability to sustain independent living. Members establish their own schedules within an ordered day, choose the activities they will regularly participate in, and are actively engaged and supported by staff and other members in the activities and tasks they have chosen. Services provided through the group experience of the ordered day include a wide array of skill development activities and training designed to assist the member to gain control of debilitative aspects of their illness, acquire personal and social competencies, and establish and navigate environmental support systems. Also included are clubhouse model programs for other populations such as people with brain injuries.
RR-8800.6500Psychiatric Resocialization Definition
Programs that provide social and recreational activities for people who are recovering from mental illness to help them gain confidence and readjust to living and/or working in the community.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.
YF-5000.1100Chronic/Severe Mental Illness Definition
A number of mental or emotional conditions of a seriously debilitating nature which progress or do not respond positively to treatment over a period of time and which require adjustments on the part of the individual and his or her significant others, or long-term medication, to make daily functioning possible.