Guaranteed Home Health Care LLC
Nutrition Services (Waiver)
8525 Edinbrook Crossing, Ste 109, Minneapolis, MN, 55443-1967
Distance: 1072 Miles
Nutrition counseling and education from a qualified professional that provides advice or guidance about nutrition and diet.
Nutritional counseling may include:
* Planning diabetic menus
* Therapeutic diet instructions like low sodium and cholesterol
* Suggestions for persons who are chronically underweight, have severe weight loss, have difficulty chewing or swallowing or chronic health issues related to obesity
Individual or group education teaches information and skills about food and nutrition. Topic examples:
* Wise food choices in shopping, food selection and preparation
* Therapeutic diets
* Menu planning
* Cooking for one or two
* Tips for eating well on a limited budget
Learn more about this service when paid for under the Alternative Care Program in the Community-Based Services Manual.
Credentials/Qualifications of Enrolled Waiver Providers
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
This provider can accept Medical Assistance and the Alternative Care program funding for Nutritional Services.
Many agencies also accept other insurance and/or private pay.
Hennepin, Dakota, Ramsey, Anoka, Carver, Wright, Scott and Sherburne counties
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- 24-Hour Emergency Assistance (Waiver)
- Adult Companion Services
- Chore Services
- Community Living Assistance (CLA)
- Comprehensive Home Care License
- Crisis Respite
- Family Caregiver Training and Education
- Family Counseling
- Family Training
- Homemaker Services
- Independent Living Skills (ILS) Training
- In-Home Family Support
- Night Supervision
- Personal Care Assistant (PCA)
- Personal Care Assistant (PCA) Choice
- Personal Support
- Positive Support Services
- Semi Independent Living Services (SILS)
- Specialist Services
- Specialized Equipment and Supplies
- Supported Living Services (SLS)
- Transportation (Waiver)
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
LF-4900.6200Nutrition Assessment Services Definition
Programs that evaluate an individual's nutritional history and dietary intake and develop a plan which ensures that the person's nutritional needs are met. The evaluation includes a review of the individual's food habits and preferences, an assessment of his or her feeding skills and eating problems and an analysis of biochemical and anthropometric variables including the person's height and weight and the fat content of his or her body.
LH-2700.6000-170Dietary Services Definition
Programs that provide information about how to plan and prepare meals for people who have special dietary requirements.