Hamline Midway Elders
Chore Services - Yard Work, Snow Removal, Handyman (Living at Home Block Nurse)
1514 Englewood Ave, Hamline Methodist Church, St. Paul, MN, 55104-1202
Distance: 506 Miles
Chore Services include help to keep your home clean, sanitary, and safe. These services are more heavy-duty than homemaker services.
Hamline Midway Elders can provide referrals to paid and/or volunteer assistance for:
* Mowing and raking
* Shoveling and plowing
* Window washing
* Minor home repairs
About This Location
* Moving large furniture
* Snow removal
* Dumpster rental or refuse disposal
* Extermination and pest control
* General indoor and outdoor home maintenance - snow removal, lawn care, etc.
* Grocery delivery
* Heavy household chores - securing loose rugs, washing floors, windows and walls
* Moving or removing large household items and heavy appliances in order to provide safe access to and exit from the home
* Packing the person's belongings
* Rearranging or securing household items in order to prevent injuries or falls
If you have waiver or Alternative Care program funding, the service plan (based on an assessment of your needs) determines which services are funded through your waiver.
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers and the Alternative Care program, or the Essential Community Supports program in the Community-Based Services Manual and the Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Provider Manual.
Licenses and Certifications
- Approved by DHS as Meeting State Standards
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
- Essential Community Supports (ECS)
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
- Private pay
Persons 60 years or older who reside within the service area (Hamline Midway neighborhood and western edge of Frogtown neighborhood of St. Paul).
Some services are free, while others may require payment - contact Hamline Midway Elders for more information.
9:30am - 3:30pm, Monday - Friday
Service area is bound by Lexington Parkway on the east, University Avenue to the south, Transfer Rd to the west, and Pierce Butler Route to the north.
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- Caregiver Consultant
- Companionship - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Errand Running and Shopping - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Fitness Program - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Forms Assistance - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Free or Low-Cost Meals - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Information and Support - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Medical Equipment or Assistive Technology Loan Program - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Respite - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Telephone Reassurance - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Transportation - Living at Home Block Nurse
- Transportation (Waiver)
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-3300.2750Home Maintenance and Minor Repair Services Definition
Programs that provide assistance for people who need to do routine maintenance on their homes or make minor repairs.
PH-3300.2750-950Window Washing Definition
Programs that provide assistance for people whose homes have windows that need cleaning.
PH-3300.3100Housekeeping Assistance Definition
Programs that offer the services of workers who go into people's homes and help with house cleaning chores.
PH-3300.6900Residential Snow Shoveling Definition
Programs that provide or pay for the removal of snow from the front sidewalks and driveways of people who need or want this service. In some jurisdictions, residents are required to keep the sidewalk in front of their homes clear of ice and snow as a safety precaution.
PH-3300.9750-450General Yard Work Definition
Programs that pay for or provide leaf raking, lawn care (including mowing, hedging and weeding) and general yard cleanup services (including trash and other debris removal) for people who need or want assistance.