Handi Medical Supply
Handi Medical Supply - St. Paul
2505 University Ave W, Ste 1, St. Paul, MN, 55114-8728
Distance: 1038 Miles
Equipment that improves a person's ability to:
* Control or access the environment
* Perform activities of daily living
Services may include:
* Assessment of the need for the device, including software
* Equipment rental during a trial period, customization, training and technical assistance
* Maintenance, repair of devices and rental of equipment during repairs
* Device selection help from available options
* Ongoing training and evaluation about the device for the person and their caregivers
Learn more about this service when paid for under the Developmental Disabilities waiver in the Community-Based Services Manual.
Credentials/Qualifications of Enrolled Waiver Providers
- Assistive Technology Assessment
- Assistive Technology Professional
Licenses and Certifications
- Approved by DHS as Meeting State Standards
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
Waiver Service Specialties
- Assistive Technology Equipment
Showroom Hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday; 9:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday
Nationwide for mail order.
Delivery and equipment set-up is available in the Greater Twin Cities area - see service area at : https://www.handimedical.com/ServiceArea
|Toll Free||(800) 514-9979|
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
LF-4900.1900Evaluation for Assistive Technology Definition
Programs that assess the current ability to function of people who have disabilities and prescribe or recommend the most appropriate assistive technology product to meet their individual needs including communication/learning aids, control and signaling aids, daily living aids, hearing augmentation aids, mobility aids, prosthetic/orthotic/seating devices, recreational aids, speech aids and/or visual/reading aids.
LH-0600Assistive Technology Equipment Definition
Programs that pay for or provide equipment, appliances and assistive aids that enable people, including those who have physical or sensory limitations, to increase their mobility and/or ability to communicate and live more comfortably.