Specialized Equipment and Supplies
Rochester Hanger Clinic - 23rd
121 23rd Ave SW, Ste 101, Rochester, MN, 55902-1351
Distance: 782 Miles
Specialized Equipment and Supplies is a waiver and Alternative Care program service for people who have an assessed need for additional supplies and equipment beyond what is covered by Medical Assistance (MA) and other funding sources.
Specialized Equipment and Supplies are devices, controls, or medical appliances specified in the community support plan that enable the person to increase their ability to:
* Perform activities of daily living
* Perceive, control, or interact with their environment
* Communicate with others
State plan medical equipment and supplies are defined under Minnesota Rules, parts 9505.0310.
Learn more about this service when paid for under the disability waivers in the Community-Based Services Manual.
About This Location
Supplies and equipment could include:
* Durable and non-durable medical equipment and supplies (when not available or denied under the state plan)
* Equipment repair and maintenance (unless covered by the manufacturer's warranty)
* Items necessary for life support
- Supplies necessary for the proper functioning of such life support
* Items that exceed the limits set for Medical Assistance (MA) state plan covered services
* Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS)
* Upgrades and add-ons to otherwise approved state plan items covered by MA that are determined necessary to meet the needs identified in the person's consumer support plan
The funding may include necessary training or instruction on the use of specialized supplies and equipment.
Licenses and Certifications
- Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Enrolled Provider
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
This service is available through most waivers and the Alternative Care (AC) program for people whose assessment and service plan shows a need for more supplies or equipment than what Medical Assistance (MA) or other funding covers.
The Developmental Disabilities (DD) waiver does not cover this service, but Assistive Technology is available as a separate DD waiver service.
- Brainerd Hanger Clinic 4706 Wilderness Ct, Ste 102, Brainerd, MN, 56401
- Burnsville Hanger Clinic 675 E Nicollet Blvd, Ste 215, Burnsville, MN, 55337
- Duluth Hanger Clinic 717 E Central Entrance, Duluth, MN, 55811
- Fargo Hanger Clinic 3003 32nd Ave S, Ste 102, Fargo, ND, 58103
- Hibbing Hanger Clinic 1101 E 37th St, Ste 22, Hibbing, MN, 55746
- Mankato Hanger Clinic 1400 Madison Ave, Ste 330, Mankato, MN, 56001
- Minneapolis Hanger Clinic 1079 10th Ave SE, Hennepin Business Center, Minneapolis, MN, 55414
- Rochester Hanger Clinic - 1st 155 1st Ave SW, Ste S20, Rochester, MN, 55902
- Sartell Hanger Clinic 165 19th St S, Ste 104, Sartell, MN, 56377
- St. Paul Hanger Clinic 555 Park St, Ste 300, St. Paul, MN, 55103
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
LH-0600Assistive Technology Equipment Definition
Programs that pay for or provide equipment, appliances and assistive aids that enable people, including those who have physical or sensory limitations, to increase their mobility and/or ability to communicate and live more comfortably.
LH-0650.0700Assistive Technology Expense Assistance Definition
Programs that pay all or a portion of the costs associated with acquiring assistive technology products and/or obtaining support services such as customization, fit/modification services or repairs.
LH-5000Medical Equipment/Supplies Definition
Programs that pay for or provide necessary in-home hospital equipment, monitoring devices, respiratory aids, prevention kits and other medical supplies that are required by people who want to prevent the transmission of an infectious disease, are coping with the effects of a chronic health condition or disability or are convalescing following surgery or illness. Included are programs that provide medical equipment on a loan basis as well as those that provide equipment that people can keep.
YB-9000Young Adults Definition
Individuals who are generally between the ages of 18 and 25 depending on the ages that specific programs use for qualification.