HealthEast Care System
Diabetes Care and Education
HealthEast Cottage Grove Clinic
6936 Pine Arbor Dr S, Summerhill Professional Bldg, Cottage Grove, MN, 55016-4645
Distance: 393 Miles
Hospital or clinic-based diabetes screening, management and education services for patients of all ages
Diabetes services include:
* Managing insulin
* Insulin pump training
* Diabetes and continuous glucose monitoring
* Managing type 2 diabetes
* Managing pregnancy and diabetes
* Prevention program
Classes are available one-on-one or in a group setting.
Endocrinologists and diabetes educators provide comprehensive services, along with consulting with nutrition/dietician services, podiatry, wound care, and more specialized services.
Support Groups: Check the website for a variety of free groups - Type 2, education/new diabetes groups, and Insulin pump group
- Medication management
- Nutrition assessment and/or counseling
- Medicaid (Medical Assistance)
- Private health insurance
- Private pay
Diabetes education is offered at most locations. To make an appointment, please call your clinic directly.
Most of their programs require either a clinician's recommendation or referral. Health insurance companies typically cover a portion of the cost for the services provided.
If you don't have insurance, you may qualify to have a portion of the services covered through a scholarship program established by the Lions 5M-6 Clubs and HealthEast Foundation. To learn more, call (651) 232-5757.
8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday
Primarily Washington County
|Main||(651) 326-5800||Answered 24 hours every day|
|Interpreter Services||(888) 574-7131|
- HealthEast Downtown St. Paul Clinic 17 Exchange St W, Ste 500, St. Paul, MN, 55102-1224
- HealthEast Grand Avenue Clinic 870 Grand Ave, St. Paul, MN, 55105-3291
- HealthEast Maplewood Clinic 2945 Hazelwood St, North St. Paul, MN, 55109-1241
- HealthEast Midway Clinic 1390 University Ave W, St. Paul, MN, 55104-4001
- HealthEast Rice Street Clinic 980 Rice St, St. Paul, MN, 55117-4949
- HealthEast Roselawn Clinic 1983 Sloan Pl, Ste 1, St. Paul, MN, 55117-2095
- HealthEast Roseville Clinic 2680 Snelling Ave N, Roseville, MN, 55113-1876
- HealthEast Stillwater Clinic 2900 Curve Crest Blvd W, Stillwater, MN, 55082-5085
- HealthEast Vadnais Heights Clinic 1055 Centerville Cir, Vadnais Heights, MN, 55127-5033
- HealthEast Woodwinds Clinic 1825 Woodwinds Dr, Woodbury, MN, 55125-2202
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
LT-1750.1750-050Adult Diabetes Management Clinics Definition
Programs that provide comprehensive care for adults with diabetes which may involve screening programs, establishment of a treatment regimen, and help in understanding the disease and the necessary steps to manage it. Diabetes self-management involves the use of insulin and drugs to control blood sugar levels, blood glucose monitoring, dietary management in different environments (at home, at work, in school, while dining out), menu planning, the role of exercise in relation to food intake, hygienic measures such as foot care and ways to reduce the likelihood of diabetes-related complications which may include heart disease, kidney failure, amputation, nerve damage and blindness.
A disorder in which the pancreas produces too little insulin with the result that the body is unable to adequately metabolize sugar. Principal symptoms are elevated blood sugar, sugar in the urine, excessive urine production and increased food intake. Complications of diabetes if left untreated include low resistance to infections leading to a susceptibility to gangrene, cardiovascular and kidney disorders, disturbances in the electrolyte balance and eye disorders, some of which may lead to blindness.