Home and Community Options, Inc.
66 E 3rd St, Ste 101, Winona, MN, 55987-3466
Distance: 475 Miles
Homemaker Services help with general household activities when a person is unable to manage the home, or when the person regularly responsible for these activities is temporarily absent or unable to manage the home.
About This Location
Homemaker services may include:
* Meal preparation
* Routine household tasks
* Assistance with activities of daily living (bathing, eating, dressing, mobility, transferring from bed to chair and using the toilet)
* Assistance with arranging transportation
* Informal emotional support
* Social stimulation
* Monitoring safety and well being
For people on the waivers or Alternative Care Program, Activities of Daily Living (ADL) or Home Management may be provided under the Homemaker service when providers have the appropriate level of licensure.
Learn more about this service when paid for under the waivers, the Alternative Care program, and the Essential Community Supports program in the Community-Based Services Manual.
Because service availability may be limited due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this service may be provided using phone calls or other technology to offer real-time contact and support.
Licenses and Certifications
- Approved by DHS as Meeting State Standards
- Chapter 245D License
- Alternative Care Waiver (AC)
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
- Elderly Waiver (EW)
- Essential Community Supports (ECS)
8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
Winona and surrounding area
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- 24-Hour Emergency Assistance (Waiver)
- Assistive Technology
- Crisis Respite
- Family Training
- Foster Care, Adult
- Foster Care, Child
- Independent Living Skills (ILS) Training
- In-Home Family Support
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
- Personal Support
- Specialist Services
- Specialized Equipment and Supplies
- Supported Living Services (SLS)
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-3300.3000Homemaker Assistance Definition
Programs that offer the services of trained homemakers who go into the homes of families whose routines have been disrupted by long or short-term illness, disability or other problems, and assume responsibility for routine household activities including menu planning, budgeting, shopping, child care, meal preparation, laundry and general household management including light housekeeping.
A respiratory illness caused by the coronavirus first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China in 2019 which likely originally emerged from an animal source, has spread person-to-person in many locales as well as to other countries around the world and has been identified as a pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO). Symptoms include mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough and difficulty breathing. Those most at risk from the virus are older adults and people with pre-existing health conditions.