Home and Community Options, Inc.
66 E 3rd St, Ste 101, Winona, MN, 55987-3466
Distance: 475 Miles
Specialist Services are designed to promote competency for staff and those providing care to benefit the needs of a specific person on a Developmental Disability (DD) waiver.
Specialist services are designed to meet the following needs of a person on a DD waiver:
* Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) technology use and techniques
* Behavior management
* Functional motor skills
* Independent living skills
* Personal health
* Social, leisure and recreational skills
Specialist services include:
* Evaluation of service outcomes identified in the person's care plan
* Monitoring of specific program implementation
* Program development
* Training and supervision of staff and people providing care
Learn more about this service when paid for under the Disabilities Waiver in the Community-Based Services Manual - http://www.dhs.state.mn.us/id_002432
Licenses and Certifications
- Chapter 245D License
- Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Enrolled Provider
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
Specialist Services are funded through the BI, CAC, CADI, DD waiver when included in a person's specific care plan to help staff to meet a particular assessed need.
8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
Winona and surrounding area
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- 24-Hour Emergency Assistance (Waiver)
- Assistive Technology
- Crisis Respite
- Family Training
- Foster Care, Adult
- Foster Care, Child
- Homemaker Services
- Independent Living Skills (ILS) Training
- In-Home Family Support
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
- Personal Support
- Specialized Equipment and Supplies
- Supported Living Services (SLS)
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
YF-1800Developmental Disabilities Definition
A severe, chronic disability that is attributable to a cognitive, neurological or physical impairment or a combination of cognitive, neurological and physical impairments; that is manifested during the developmental period (prior to age 22); that is likely to continue indefinitely; and that results in substantial functional limitations in three or more areas of major life activity including self-care, receptive and expressive language, learning, mobility, self-direction, capacity for independent living, and economic self-sufficiency.