Home and Community Options, Inc.
66 E 3rd St, Ste 101, Winona, MN, 55987-3466
Distance: 353 Miles
Specialist Services are designed to promote competency for staff and those providing care to benefit the needs of a specific person on a Developmental Disability (DD) waiver.
About This Location
Specialist services are designed to meet the following needs of a person on a DD waiver:
* Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) technology use and techniques
* Behavior management
* Functional motor skills
* Independent living skills
* Personal health
* Social, leisure and recreational skills
Specialist services include:
* Evaluation of service outcomes identified in the person's care plan
* Monitoring of specific program implementation
* Program development
* Training and supervision of staff and people providing care
Learn more about this service when paid for under the Disabilities Waiver in the Community-Based Services Manual.
Because service availability may be limited due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this service may be provided using phone calls or other technology to offer real-time contact and support.
Licenses and Certifications
- Chapter 245D License
- Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) Enrolled Provider
- Brain Injury Waiver (BI)
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver (CADI)
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver (DD)
Specialist Services are funded through the BI, CAC, CADI, DD waiver when included in a person's specific care plan to help staff to meet a particular assessed need.
8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
Winona and surrounding area
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- 24-Hour Emergency Assistance (Waiver)
- Assistive Technology
- Crisis Respite
- Family Training
- Foster Care, Adult
- Foster Care, Child
- Homemaker Services
- Independent Living Skills (ILS) Training
- In-Home Family Support
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
- Personal Support
- Specialized Equipment and Supplies
- Supported Living Services (SLS)
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
YF-1800Developmental Disabilities Definition
A severe, chronic disability that is attributable to a cognitive, neurological or physical impairment or a combination of cognitive, neurological and physical impairments; that is manifested during the developmental period (prior to age 22); that is likely to continue indefinitely; and that results in substantial functional limitations in three or more areas of major life activity including self-care, receptive and expressive language, learning, mobility, self-direction, capacity for independent living, and economic self-sufficiency.
A respiratory illness caused by the coronavirus first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China in 2019 which likely originally emerged from an animal source, has spread person-to-person in many locales as well as to other countries around the world and has been identified as a pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO). Symptoms include mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough and difficulty breathing. Those most at risk from the virus are older adults and people with pre-existing health conditions.