Horizon Public Health
Family Home Visiting
Horizon Main Office - Douglas County
809 Elm St, Ste 1200, Alexandria, MN, 56308-2675
Distance: 1072 Miles
Family home visits provide education for parents about the health and well-being of their young children.
A public health nursing assessment is done at the first visit. Ongoing support includes:
* Parenting education about healthy parent-child relationships
* Information about caring for babies, infant growth and child development
* Help to ensure a safe home environment
* Supporting Hands Nurse-Family Partnership, a program for first-time mothers
* Growing Great Kids, a program focused on prenatal and postpartum health, infant/child development and attachment, and life skills to build a strong family support system
- Healthy Families America
- Nutrition assessment and/or counseling
- Free / no cost to everyone
This service is free
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Five counties: Douglas, Grant, Pope, Stevens and Traverse
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-6100.1800-680Prenatal/Postnatal Home Visitation Programs Definition
Programs staffed by nurses or other trained professionals or volunteers that visit the homes of first-time mothers during pregnancy and the first two years of the child's life to help the women improve their personal health and development during the prenatal period and learn to care for the child following birth. The visits encourage the mothers to maintain good nutrition; and provide information regarding danger signs in pregnancy, preparation for labor and delivery, breastfeeding and other feeding options, baby supplies, basic infant care, newborn behaviors and child development. They help to ensure that infants and toddlers are nurtured, live in a safe environment in and around the home and receive proper health care. Included are programs that focus on low income individuals, pregnant teens, women with high risk pregnancies or other special populations as well as those that are more broadly available.
YK-6500.6100New Parents Definition
Parents with a recently born child.