Houston County Department of Human Services
MnCHOICES Assessment and Support Planning
304 S Marshall St, Rm 104, Caledonia, MN, 55921-1324
Distance: 944 Miles
The MnCHOICES process helps to identify a person's support needs and the services and programs that will meet those needs. It also helps a person to access those services and programs.
During the assessment, staff use MnCHOICES to:
* Interview you about your need for services and supports
* Provide a referral for services
* Give you a summary of what was learned in the assessment interview
The MnCHOICES assessment determines eligibility for publicly-funded long-term services and supports, including:
* Alternative Care (AC) program
* Brain Injury (BI) waiver
* Community Alternative Care (CAC) waiver
* Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) waiver
* Consumer Support Grant (CSG)
* Developmental Disability (DD) waiver
* Elderly Waiver (EW)
* Essential Community Supports (ECS)
* Personal Care Assistance/Community First Services and Supports (PCA/CFSS)
* Semi-Independent Living Services (SILS)
When an assessment determines that a person is eligible for publicly-funded long-term services and supports, staff will help that person to make an informed choice about waiver services and other state programs. This includes creating a plan with the person that outlines services and supports based upon the person's needs, and providing them a copy of their plan.
People in Minnesota of all ages and any disability who need assistance caring for themselves due to age, disability or illness.
Call your county or tribal nation to request an assessment.
* Use the Minnesota Tribal and county directory to locate a phone number to call
* To identify your county, look up your city on the City-County Listing chart provided by the MN Dept. of Public Safety
There is no fee for this service. You also do not need to be eligible for Medical Assistance (MA) or any other publicly-funded program to have an assessment.
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
- Adult Foster Care (AFC) and Community Residential Setting (CRS) Licensing
- Adult Protective Services (APS)
- Apply for Waiver Programs
- Child Foster Care (CFC) Licensing
- Child Protective Services (CPS)
- Consumer Support Grant (CSG) Program
- County Programs for Families
- County Programs for Food Support
- County Programs for Health Care Financial Assistance
- County Programs for Income Assistance
- County Programs for People with Disabilities
- Emergency Assistance
- Family Support Grant (FSG)
- Find Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Housing Support
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
LF-4900.2050Geriatric Assessment Definition
Programs, generally staffed by an interdisciplinary team comprising a geriatrician, a nurse, a social worker and a pharmacist, that evaluate the functional ability, physical health, cognitive and mental health and socioenvironmental situation of older adults, particular those who are frail or chronically ill, to identify health-related problems, develop plans for treatment and follow-up, coordinate care, determine the need for long-term care, and ensure the optimal use of health care resources. Beneficial outcomes may include greater diagnostic accuracy, improved functional and mental status, reduced mortality, decreased use of nursing facilities and acute care hospitals and increased satisfaction with care.
NL-5000.6500Nursing Home Transition Financing Programs Definition
Programs that are designed to assist institutionalized residents, or those about to be discharged from a hospital to a nursing home, to return to the community to live in a less restrictive setting. Some transition programs are funded using Medicaid and therefore require that eligible participants be Medicaid recipients. Other programs have been created using state or local funds. The programs typically provide case management and, unless other funding sources are available, provide funding for and link program participants to existing home and community based services, home modification programs, assistive technology equipment, assisted living facilities or other supported housing options and/or other needed services.