Lake County Health and Human Services
Lake County Health and Human Services - Silver Bay
99 Edison Blvd, Silver Bay, MN, 55614
Distance: 1042 Miles
The Emergency Assistance program provides one time financial help to pregnant women or families with minor children who face a housing crisis.
This program is run by Minnesota counties and tribes who choose to participate. The policies differ from county to county regarding who is eligible, how much money is available and what emergencies are covered.
* Counties can add their own rules about who can get Emergency Assistance and how often
* You don't have to be on or eligible for Minnesota Family Investment Program to get Emergency Assistance
* You have not received Emergency Assistance within the past 12 months. Some counties may make you wait longer
* You have to meet income guidelines
* Emergency Assistance must resolve the crisis
* You can show you have enough income to pay bills moving forward
Apply for Emergency Assistance at your local county or tribal social service office.
There is no fee for this service.
8:00am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday
- Lake County Health and Human Services - Two Harbors 616 3rd Ave, Two Harbors, MN, 55616
Other Services or resources
- Adult Foster Care (AFC) and Community Residential Setting (CRS) Licensing
- Adult Protective Services (APS)
- Apply for Waiver Programs
- County Programs for Families
- County Programs for Food Support
- County Programs for Income Assistance
- County Programs for People with Disabilities
- Family Support Grant (FSG)
- Find Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- Housing Support
- Mental Health Case Management
- MnCHOICES Assessment and Support Planning
- Public Health Clinic
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
NT-8900Undesignated Temporary Financial Assistance Definition
Programs that provide cash, vouchers or other forms of monetary aid for people in need of assistance and evaluate the individual's or family's need for the money on a case-by-case basis rather than having pre-established policies regarding the types of needs the dollars can be used to cover.