Skip to main content

Lakes and Pines Community Action Council, Inc.

Housing Stabilization Services (HSS)

Lakes and Pines Central Office

1700 Maple Ave E, Mora, MN, 55051

Distance: 996 Miles

(320) 679-1800


Service Details


Support to help reduce barriers for people with disabilities, disabling conditions and seniors to find and keep housing.
Provides three types of services that may include housing consultation, transition and/or sustaining services :

Housing Transition Services helps a person plan for, find, and move into housing and may include:
• Helping the person think about preferred housing
• Helping with the housing search and application process
• Developing a budget
• Understanding a lease

Housing Sustaining Services helps a person keep their housing after they have moved in and may include:
• Education on tenant-landlord rights and responsibilities
• Coaching to develop relationships with property managers and neighbors
• Training on how to be a good tenant; lease compliance
• Problem-solving to maintain housing stability

Housing Consultation Services helps a person who does not have Medical Assistance (MA) case management develop a person-centered plan that addresses their needs, wants, and goals for living in the community and may include:
• Developing a housing focused person-centered plan based on the person's needs, wants, and goals for housing
• Helping a person make an informed choice in their housing transition or sustaining services provider
• Offering resources related to non-housing goals
• Coordinating with other service providers already working with the person

To learn more, see the Housing Benefits 101 Medical Assistance (MA) Housing Stabilization Service website.


  • Client Conveniences
    • Assistance with community resources 
    • Housing Transition / Sustaining 
  • Organization Type
    • Community Action Partnership 
  • Payment
    • Medicaid (Medical Assistance) 


* Be on Medical Assistance (MA)
* Be 18 years or older
* Have a disability or disabling condition
* Requires assistance with at least one of the following areas due to a disability or disabling condition:
- Communication
- Mobility
- Decision making
- Managing challenging behaviors

* Have housing instability, such as:
- Homeless
- Transition from an institution or licensed registered setting
- At-risk for homelessness
- At-risk of institutionalization

* Not getting similar services from other programs like Moving Home MN, Assertive Community Treatment, Housing Access Coordination, or Relocation Service Coordination

Application Instructions

May self-refer by contacting a Housing Stabilization service provider directly or with the help of a provider or case manager

Business Hours

6:00am - 6:30pm, Monday - Friday

Area Served

Aitkin, Carlton, Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs and Pine counties


Phone Numbers

Type Number Hours
Main (320) 679-1800
TDD (320) 679-1800
Toll Free (800) 832-6082

Last Update


Other Locations

This provider does not offer this service at other locations.

Taxonomy Terms Used. Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.