Lakes and Pines Community Action Council, Inc.
Weatherization Assistance Program
Lakes and Pines Central Office
1700 Maple Ave E, Mora, MN, 55051-1222
Distance: 1036 Miles
Provides services to income-qualified homeowners and renters to reduce energy bills by making homes more energy efficient while protecting the health and safety of household members
Local Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) providers evaluate potential weatherization work by conducting an energy audit and home assessment. The assessment determines the most cost-effective energy efficient improvements for your home.
Services may include:
* Exterior wall and attic insulation
* Air infiltration and bypass sealing
* Test, repair, and/or replace home mechanical systems to ensure efficiency and safety
* Education on how you can reduce energy usage in your home
Households at or below 200% of Federal Poverty Income Guidelines. Priority is given to households with:
* Elderly or disabled family members
* Children 18 years of age or younger
* High energy consumption
* High energy burden
* Family members receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) within the last 12 months
Please note that the wait time for assistance, after eligibility has been determined, varies between local WAP providers.
Serving Aitkin, Carlton, Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs and Pine counties and the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe.
Complete one of the following applications and mail it to your local energy assistance provider.
* English application https://mn.gov/commerce-stat/pdfs/application-english.pdf
* Large print application https://mn.gov/commerce-stat/pdfs/application-large-print.pdf
* Spanish application https://mn.gov/commerce-stat/pdfs/application-spanish.pdf
Minnesota residents may also obtain an application and more information by calling (800) 657-3710.
Services are provided free of cost.
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Aitkin, Carlton, Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs and Pine Counties
|Toll Free||(800) 832-6082|
Other Services or resources
- Chore Services - Snow Removal and Handyman
- Early Head Start
- Emergency Housing Case Management
- Emergency Shelter
- Energy Assistance Program
- Environmental Accessibility Adaptations (EAA) Home Assessment
- Family Assets for Independence in Minnesota (FAIM)
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP)
- Head Start
- Home Repair Financial Assistance
- Personal Financial Counseling
- Small Cities Development Program
- Social Security Advocacy Program
- SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access and Recovery (SOAR)
- Transitional Housing
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-3000.1800-950Weatherization Programs Definition
Programs that provide assistance in the form of labor and supplies to help people improve the energy efficiency of their homes and protect them from the elements. The program provides ceiling insulation, attic venting, double glazed windows, weather-stripping, minor housing envelope repairs, low-flow showerheads, evaporative cooler vent covers, water heater blankets, pipe wrap, duct wrap, switch and outlet gaskets, caulking, and other related energy conservation measures. Weatherization programs may have age, income, disability or other eligibility requirements.
Programs that pay for or provide new or reconditioned heating systems. Furnaces are powered by wood, coal, oil, propane, natural gas or electricity and pump heated air throughout a home or other building using a system of ducts. Some systems heat water which circulates through radiators. Included are programs that provide grants or loans for furnace replacement.