Lakes and Pines Community Action Council, Inc.
Weatherization Assistance Program
Lakes and Pines Central Office
1700 Maple Ave E, Mora, MN, 55051
Distance: 1485 Miles
Provides services to income-qualified homeowners and renters to reduce energy bills by making homes more energy efficient while protecting the health and safety of household members
Local Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) providers will do an energy audit to determine if weatherization is needed and will create a plan for the most cost-effective energy efficient improvements for your home.
Services may include:
* Addition of attic or wall insulation
* Reduction of air leakage
* Replacement or repair of furnaces, boilers, and water heaters
* Education on how you can reduce energy usage in your home
- Community Action Partnership
Households at or below 200% of Federal Poverty Income Guidelines, based on past three months of income and households receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) within the last 12 months. Priority is given to households with:
* Elderly or disabled family members
* Children under 19 years of age
* High energy consumption
Please note that the wait time for assistance, after eligibility has been determined, varies between local WAP providers.
Serving Aitkin, Carlton, Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs and Pine counties and the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
Complete one of the following applications and mail it to your local energy assistance provider.
Minnesota residents may also obtain an application and more information by calling (800) 657-3710.
Services are provided free of cost.
6:00am - 6:30pm, Monday - Friday
Aitkin, Carlton, Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs and Pine Counties
|Toll Free||(800) 832-6082|
- Lakes and Pines Moose Lake Office 316 Elm Ave, Southern Carlton County Family Center, Moose Lake, MN, 55767
Other Services or resources
- Emergency Housing Case Management
- Emergency Shelter
- Energy Assistance Program
- Family Assets for Independence in Minnesota (FAIM)
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP)
- Forms Assistance
- Grocery Delivery
- Home Repair and Maintenance
- Home Repair Financial Assistance
- Housing Stabilization Services (HSS)
- Personal Financial Counseling
- Snow Removal
- Social Security Advocacy Program
- SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access and Recovery (SOAR)
- Transitional Housing
- Yard Work
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BH-3000.1800-950Weatherization Programs Definition
Programs that provide assistance in the form of labor and supplies to help people improve the energy efficiency of their homes and protect them from the elements. The program provides ceiling insulation, attic venting, double glazed windows, weather-stripping, minor housing envelope repairs, low-flow showerheads, evaporative cooler vent covers, water heater blankets, pipe wrap, duct wrap, switch and outlet gaskets, caulking, and other related energy conservation measures. Weatherization programs may have age, income, disability or other eligibility requirements.
Programs that pay for or provide new or reconditioned heating systems. Furnaces are powered by wood, coal, oil, propane, natural gas or electricity and pump heated air throughout a home or other building using a system of ducts. Some systems heat water which circulates through radiators. Included are programs that provide grants or loans for furnace replacement.