Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe
Home Repair and Maintenance
Department of Public Works Compound
16095 60th Ave NW, Cass Lake, MN, 56633
Distance: 579 Miles
Provides minor indoor and/or outdoor home repair and maintenance or handyman work to help keep homes safe.
The Community Services Program is an emergency home repair program that provides emergency home repairs to Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe enrollees.
If there is a risk to the health and safety of a constituent, the request will be deemed an emergency and addressed as quickly as possible. This program also provides services to other divisions within the Leech Lake Reservation.
* Electrical Services - No electricity, meter loops, interior wiring, outlets, panel pox, fuses, & breakers.
* Carpentry Services - Door, window, roof, and flooring replacements, installation of handicap ramps, bathrooms and grab bars.
* Plumbing Services - No water, hot water heaters, tank & toilet replacement, broken water lines, plugged toilets, septic system that is plugged out to clean out, pressure tanks and repairs or replacement of sump pumps.
* Heating Services - No heat, troubleshooting, emergency replacement of furnaces. (Must utilize Energy Assistance Program (EAP) funds first, as they area last resort.)
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
- Native American Community
* Leech Lake Band Members who own their own home
* Must live on or near the Leech Lake Reservation
* Priority given to Elders, Veterans and Disabled Band Members 55 and older
Fill out an application and return it to the office.
* $35 one-time minimum service charge for a service call
* Fees based on applicants income (chart can be found online)
* No charge for elders 55 years of age and older
Method of Payment:
* Money Order
* Payroll deduction (if applicant is an employee of the Reservation)
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Beltrami, Cass, Hubbard and Itasca Counties
Emergency Home Repair for Leech Lake Reservation and 20 mile radius of the exterior boundaries.
|Toll Free||(800) 442-3909|
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
PH-3300.2750-250General Minor Home Repair Programs Definition
Programs that provide a variety of minor home repair services for homeowners who qualify. Specific services vary by organization but include such things as fixing leaky pipes and faucets; clearing clogged drains; replacing broken switches, sockets and electrical fixtures; changing light bulbs; fixing or replacing door locks and handles; replacing broken screen doors or window panes; installing smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and changing batteries; making minor repairs on stair treads; replacing carpet threshold strips; and replacing furnace filters.
YH-6000.6000Native American Community Definition
Individuals whose ethnic background and ancestry are that of the tribal, aboriginal peoples who originated in what is now the United States. Included are Native Americans who are living on or off reservations in rural and urban areas.
YW-8500Tribal Reservation Residents Definition
Individuals and families of Native American descent who have needs and interests in common based on living in areas recognized by the federal or a state government as being set aside for the use of Native Americans and governed by Native Americans.