Lower Sioux Indian Community
Lower Sioux Social Services and ICWA Center
39527 Reservation Highway 1, Morton, MN, 56270
Distance: 958 Miles
Transportation program that provides rides for people in and around their community
Offers patient transportation for medical and dental appointments to community members residing within the ten-mile radius when all other means of transportation have been exhausted by the individual, family or friends.
Transportation is to and from appointment only. There are no stops for household shopping, banking, school transports or other activities.
- Free / no cost to eligible clients
- Private pay
- Serves community
- Native American Community
Transportation Area Served by County
- Redwood County
- Renville County
Patient transportation for medical and dental appointments to community members residing within the ten-mile radius when all other means of transportation have been exhausted by the individual, family or friends.
Patient should contact the Community Health Representative two days in advance to schedule transportation after all other resources have been exhausted - (507) 697-8943 - office or (507) 430-6227 - cell phone.
* Schedules transportation at least 2 working days prior to a local appointment and at least 3 days for an out-of-town appointment (New Ulm, Willmar, Mankato, Minneapolis, etc.)
* Be ready at specified time and location for pick up.
* Plan ahead for long trips by bringing all items needed (medication, snacks, etc.).
* Schedules and communicates with the appointment provider directly.
* Communicates cancellation or any changes in appointment time, or rescheduling to the driver.
* Refrains from negativity, swearing, inappropriate conversation or behavior.
* Failure to follow will result in suspension or termination of riding privileges.
Lower Sioux Indian Community
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
Other Services or resources
Taxonomy Terms Used: Clicking a taxonomy term from the list below launches a new search.
BT-4500.6500-500Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Definition
Programs that provide transportation for medical appointments, trips from and between hospitals, to nursing homes or other special-care centers or for other non-emergency medical needs for individuals who, because of financial problems or their physical condition, are unable to use other means of local transportation. NEMT service providers are able to transport riders who require a wheelchair lift equipped vehicle with appropriate protective restraints or a van that is designed for gurney/stretcher transportation, or has other types of features to meet their safety needs.
YH-6000.6000Native American Community Definition
Individuals whose ethnic background and ancestry are that of the tribal, aboriginal peoples who originated in what is now the United States. Included are Native Americans who are living on or off reservations in rural and urban areas.
YW-8500Tribal Reservation Residents Definition
Individuals and families of Native American descent who have needs and interests in common based on living in areas recognized by the federal or a state government as being set aside for the use of Native Americans and governed by Native Americans.